Discussing The Plan

I had a plan for Mina. I wasn't fully sure if I could trust her yet. The first thing I was going to make her do was apologise to Sana.

How do I test her trustworthiness?

"Now, I want to know where you've placed the shareholders. I need to know why your boss wants the shareholders." I asked Mina

"Well... they're in a basement." Mina replied.

I raised an eyebrow at her vague answer.

"Ugh fine! They're in the basement of an abandoned building. It's called Desert Palace. My boss doesn't want the shareholders. He wants Mr M. He wanted them to get them to give him something to use as leverage on Mr M" Mina answered.

"Wait what? Who is Mr M?" I asked.

If she answered this correctly, it would be great.

"Hmm... he's Sana's dad. My boss didn't say much except for the fact that it's got to do something with his past." Replied Mina.

Mr Minatozaki and this guy's past?

What the fuck?!

"Has your boss asked you to do anything else since the last time you two have talked?" I asked, wondering if she'll talk about "me".

"Um... he did tell me to find someone and kill them. They were hanging around Sana and hurt some of my men. He said he didn't want anyone else around Sana." Replied Mina.

I decided to trust her since she gave the right answers.

"Alright. That person you're looking for, that person is me. I was the person who was with Sana that day." I said.

Confusion was etched on Mina's face but she nodded in understanding.

"I have a plan to get rid of your boss. But I'll need your help. First of all, we'll be rescuing the other shareholders. Your boss is going to be angry at you for that. But don't worry about that because then you'll bring me in. instead of you killing me, just take me to him. Since he doesn't want anyone staying around Sana, you can tell him that despite your efforts, I wouldn't stay away. I'll get rid of him then." I offered.

"Are you sure you want to do that? Risk your life, I mean." Mina asked.

I simply nodded in response.

"But before all of this happens, there is something else you need to do." I said to Mina.

"Yes, what is it?" She replied.

"You need to apologise to Sana." I responded.

"What the fuck! How the hell am I supposed to do that? She probably doesn't even want to see my face!" Mina shouted.

"It doesn't have to be immediate. Just do it sometime soon." I replied, smiling at her reaction.

"Alright. I guess I should do something about it." Replied Mina.

"I'm going to discuss my plan. No matter what happens, you have to go along with it. Now, after all the shareholders escape, it will be hard for your boss to trust you. That's why you will take me to him, to prove your worthiness. I will tell you when we plan on taking out the shareholders so until then, try your best to do what they ask you too without being suspicious."

Mina nodded in acknowledgement.

"One more thing. If you decide to double cross me, you'll be dead." I mentioned sternly.

I could see the fright on Mina's face and I knew she was going to take this seriously.

I asked for security detail to be placed upon Mina as well. Technically it wasn't for her protection, it was to keep an eye on her but there isn't much difference is there?

I headed back to work, extremely pleased with the progress of my mission. I still needed to form a backup plan if things did change. I sifted through papers of suggested snipers that I had researched on myself until I found one that attracted my attention.

Im Nayeon, 23

Experienced Sniper

Freelancer

Been in the industry for six years and one of the most top professionals ever existed for her age. Aim is precise and accurate, has never missed a shot in her entire life. Work is clean and fast. Extremely talented.

Needless to say, I was shocked. There was a sniper in my company. Was she here for a reason?

I could use her for a potential Plan B so I decided to talk to her.

"Miss Im, can you come to my office after work please?" I emailed her, not wanting to garner unwarranted attention from other workers.

"Sure Ma'am." She simply responded.

An hour later, there was a knock on my door and I allowed them to come in; it was Nayeon.

"You asked to see me Ma'am?" She asked.

"Yes, please have a seat." I offered.

'What can I help you with Ma'am?" She asked a little coldly.

Tzuyu knew why but she ignored her tone.

"I have a job for you that only you can do. But before that I need to know what your purpose is." I asked.

"What do you mean Ma'am?" Nayeon replied, looking quite clueless but I could see through it.

"Should I be more direct? Why is there a sniper amongst the workers of this company?" I asked.

Nayeon was obviously shocked.

"Ho-How did you know?" She stuttered.

"Answer my question first and then I'll answer yours." I asked simply.

"I was hired by Mr Minatozaki to keep an eye on his daughter, Sana. I have a black belt in Taekwondo and I'm a MMA fighter. He told me to befriend her and keep an eye out for threats because he was worried for her safety ever since the incident that happened before you left." She replied.

"Huh? How do you know who I am?" I asked.

"Sana told us earlier when she found out." Nayeon replied.

"So does Sana know about your role?" I inquired.

"Uh, yes she does but not exactly. She doesn't know I'm a sniper, only that I was set up for protection. But because we were already close friends, she didn't mind." Nayeon replied.

I nodded my head at her response.

"Ma'am, how did you find out I was a sniper?" She asked.

"I trust you enough if Mr Minatozaki trusts you. I'm an undercover agent from HCLI. They sent me here to conduct a mission. I was looking for a sniper for my mission." I told her.

"What is it?" She asked.

I briefed her on my plan and told her that she was the backup plan.

"Are you sure you want to put yourself at risk for Sana?" Nayeon asked.

"Of course. I would do it in a heartbeat if it meant protecting her. What do you think? Do you want to be part of it?" I said.

"Since you have Sana's interests and safety at heart, I will join you. It is also my job to protect her." Nayeon simply replied.

"I was curious about Jeongyeon. Does she know about you and what you do?" I asked.

"She does. I met her on a mission. She's highly trained in gadget making and explosives. Do you want me to include her too?" Nayeon asked.

"That would be a great addition to the team. I know having Mina in the team will make things awkward but I have faith in you two to complete the mission with your added skills." I responded.

Nayeon simply nodded and took her leave.

Never have I felt such a rush of adrenaline for a mission.