one

*Louis' POV* 

Louis' heart certainly did stop beating at Liam's answer. His mind froze and his whole body went numb. His mind and heart didn't know how to react, it was like everything around him just froze and the only thing he could hear was Liam's no echoing in his head. It was the worst minute of his life. 

He wanted to turn around and run away. He was a coward but he couldn't face getting rejected by Liam. Yet, he wasn't going to go until he knew the reason behind Liam's No. 

What they had was never a lie, Louis knows very well how Liam felt towards him. It was there in his eyes everytime he looked at Louis. 

"L-Lou, please don't hate me" Liam whimpered, grabbing Louis' hands quickly. 

As Louis' eyes locked with Liam's pain filled brown ones, all the hurt Louis felt disappeared because Liam was suffering more than hin and he failed to ever see that before. 

"Babe, shh. I love you so much still and forever" Louis pulled Liam into his chest and Liam held on tightly, his mouth trembling against Louis' skin as he let out a few sobs. And in that moment, Louis knew Liam had a reason for his no, his own answer was hurting him just as much as it was hurting Louis, maybe even more. 

"I-I love you, too" Louis made out those three words through Liam's sobs and held him just a little bit tighter because Louis still had him, he hasn't lost Liam yet. 

Louis pressed his chin down on Liam's head and closed his eyes.

His world was slowly breaking and he had to hold on to Liam. Liam was his world and he couldn't let Liam break or leave. No.

"Let's get you home. We need to talk" Louis mumbled against Liam's head, he felt Liam nod shortly into his chest but Liam didn't let go. Louis sighed, couldn't help but crack a small smile at Liam as he lifted Liam up and carried him to his car that was only parked a few yards away. 

By the time they got home, Liam had calmed down a little but he still wouldn't let go off Louis as if he was afraid that Louis was going to run away or leave him. Louis just needed him to know that he would never ever leave him, not unless Liam wanted him to. 

"Sit" Louis whispered, pecking Liam's forehead. Liam sat down on the chair and rested his head on the counter, his eyes dropping but Louis knew Liam wasn't anywhere near sleeping. 

Louis walked around the counter and into the kitchen to turn the kettle on. Nothing better than some coffee right now. Whilst the water was boiled, he leaned against the counter and pulled the black velvet box out of his pocket, his eyes almost burning at the sight of it. 

But Louis couldn't cry, not now, not until he heard Liam out. 

He was snapped out of his thoughts by the kettle signalling that the water was done heating. He stuffed the box back into his pocket and quickly made two cups of coffee. 

"Babe..." Louis placed the cup of coffee in front of Liam, who finally opened his eyes. Louis silently cringed at the tiredness filled in those brown eyes of his, he hated the fact that they weren't their usual sparkly type. 

"Thank you" Liam mumbled, offering Louis a small, tired smile. 

They sat there in silence, just trying to find a safe thought to land on but Louis couldn't. His thoughts were messed up and every one of them brought him pain. He didn't want to think about Liam's No, he didn't want to think about the fact that Liam was hurting and neither did he want to think about how him and Liam just slowly broke. 

"Lou...?" he snapped his head towards Liam, only to find Liam staring back at him with scared eyes. 

"Yeah?"

"Why a-are you still here with m-me?" He whispered, his hand reaching out to grab Louis' over the counter and their fingers laced together perfectly just like always.

Did he think that just because of a "No" Louis was going to leave him?

"Cause I love you" Louis replied. "And whatever happened back there isn't going to change that fact" 

Liam stared back at him, probably trying to tell Louis that he was an idiot but Louis ignored him. Liam sighed, squeezing Louis' hand and brushed his thumb against Louis' palm. 

"I-I am sorry" He whispered, his voice breaking half way through. 

"You don't need to apologise for anything but don't think I am not going ask why" Louis said, Liam immediately nodded as if to tell Louis that he knew he had to explain himself. 

"I know... You need to know that I love you but I can't do weddings. It's got nothing to do with you, it's me. I am the one that's doing wrong here, not you" He started off. 

What does he mean by can't do weddings?

"Li, don't do riddles, please. If you love me then why can't you marry me? Why can't you do weddings?" Louis asked.

 "Because I have Gamophobia" 

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

That was fun to write...haha, I can already tell this story is going to be one of my favourites to write. But I want to know what you guys thought????

Oh and this story is now called "You & I". It's weird how much that song fits this the story line of this song...haha. 

Dedication-

Best Comment

VOTE

COMMENT

:)

x