Chapter 5

Nadine opened her eyes stirred awake by her phone ringing she shook the man she was sleeping next to awake "What?" He asked.

"Gary, I don't feel like answering my phone can you put it on silent?" Nadine asked.

"Why can't you do it? You wake me up for this?" Gary asked.

"Nigga just do it." Nadine said.

Once he silenced her phone he put his fingers on her clit and said "This the reason why I did that." Nadine squirmed and said "Keep doing it." He got under the covers and Nadine braced herself on the headboard.

Her phone continued to ring and Joseph was on the other line and said "She still sleep?" Joseph gave up and went downstairs looked in the Refrigerator and saw the same box of Arm&Hammer and half empty jar of relish he hated that box with a passion and slammed the door shut. He rummaged through the cabinets and shelves and saw literally nothing. "Cerise! Cerise!" Joseph yelled coming up the stairs.

Joseph knocked on her door
and asked "What you want to eat? I'm going to the market."

There was silence, he twisted the knob but she locked it.
"Cerise I'm serious tell me what you want, Chante's gone." Joseph said.

"I know dickhead!" Cerise said sliding a list from under her door.

"The fuck is wrong with you?!" Joseph said.

"You still here!" Cerise said.

Joseph grabbed the list and said "Tell Marty I'm gone!"

"Why don't you yell it at him you did it last night!" Cerise said.

"How you know?" Joseph said.

"You're still here Nadine?!" Cerise said.

"Don't call me that shit!" Joseph said.

"So what? Your gonna stay here and yell instead of doing for us? Your becoming her more and more everyday!" Cerise said.

Joseph couldn't counter her statement and simply went downstairs and out the door once he started the car he heard a pounding from the back he turned around and saw nothing until he heard "Get me the fuck out of here!"

"Oh shit I left him in the trunk!" Joseph said trying not to laugh.

At school Joseph searched for Chante and James asked "You looking for somebody?"
"Uh nah J I'm-my neck a lil bit sore." Joseph said.

"Oh."

Joseph saw De'ron and jogged to him before James could catch up "Ron you seen Chante?"

"Uh I think I saw him on the first floor by the cosmo girls class." De'ron said.

"Good lookin!" Joseph said.

Joseph saw Chante's back from down the hall and texted him he pulled out his phone and put it back in his pocket. "I'm here now." Joseph said, he grabbed Chante's shoulder and Chante jumped and rolled his eyes once he saw who it was.
"Chante can I talk to you?" Joseph asked.
"Speak." Chante said.
"Can we talk alone?" Joseph asked.
"We're alone until my friend come here and that's when I'm leaving." Chante said.
"Chante I got frustrated and I took it out on you." Joseph said.
"Ok." Chante said.

"Ok?" Joseph said.

"Ok, I heard you." Chante said.
"That's all?" Joseph asked.

"Yes did you wa-you know what no, I'm not going to be coy. Joseph I honestly have no clue what's going on in your home but it's none of my business and I'm not prepared for it. I shouldn't even be talking to you as it is." Chante said.
"For what?" Joseph asked.
"Bye Joseph." Chante said turning his back on Joseph.
Joseph punched the locker next to Chante and left.
Chante visibly shocked but leaned back on the lockers and said "These niggas all the same."