Chapter 9

James in the media above

"Daddy? Joseph Martin and Cerise are coming again today is that alright?"

"Mi don't see why yuh ask mi, dey always here. Mi bout to knock mi wall out mi bedroom suh dey can move in too dat way I'll neva ave girlfriends over."

"You don't get women!" Chante said.

"Women luv ah Jamaican mon bwoy." He said.

"Not an old one." Chante said.

"Wat bwoy?!" He said.

"Nothing." Chante said. "So dad is it ok with you?"

"It alrite." He said.

"Thank you sir."

"Now let mi tek yuh to dis school." He said standing up from the table.

Cerise sat in silence like she typically did when she finished her work before everyone else and felt a tug on her hair.
"Do not touch my hair." She said.

"I didn't touch your hair." He said.

"No one else is there but you Eric, you dummy don't touch my hair." Cerise said.

"Cerise, stop talking." The teacher said.

"Ms.Stone Eric is-"

Ms.Stone cut Cerise off and said "Cerise stop it."

A girl said "Anybody could have did it as big as your hair is why don't you get your mama to do it? My mama always do mines."

She and Eric chuckled and Cerise rolled her eyes and said "Well that's the least your mama can do seeing how she smoke dope and I know she do, she always buy it from my brother friend."

The girl's eyes bulged from her head and she started crying and Ms.Stone asked "Why is Nevaeh crying?"
"Cerise did it." Another girl said.

"Cerise what did you do?" Ms.Stone asked consoling Nevaeh.

"Cerise said Nevaeh Mom smokes dope a boy said.

"Cerise go to the office now! You know better."

Cerise got up stopped at the door and said "And Ms.Stone, I'm not apologizing for telling the truth."

When the final bell rang Chante and Destiny left into the parking lot and met up with Derrick "Derrick you coming over?" Chante asked.
"Nope this Dominican nigga is more important and he picking me up so if I play my cards right I won't be on that city bus anymore." Derrick said.
"Oh well bye hoe." Chante said.

"How he look?" Destiny asked.

Derrick pointed at a red jeep and a muscular, tattooed green eyed man sat in with a fade prominent cheekbones and a thin beard wearing a wife-beater.

"Girl." Chante said.

"Derrick why are you still talking to us nobody, dirty basic pedestrian asses? Get in the car with that fine nigga!" Destiny said.

"And we not fucking we just talking." Derrick said jogging to the jeep.

"Where do he find those niggas? Every nigga he get with is finer than the last." Destiny said.

"It ain't fair. It ain't fair." Chante said.

"Wassup Destiny, Chante." Joseph said with James and De'ron.

"Heyyyyy!" Destiny said.

(Do they know he gay? So I guess I better not touch my man. But everyone know James is dumb so I doubt it maybe De'ron? Nevermind.) "Hey." Chante said.