Chapter 14

"So you coming with it tonight? Good lookin." Joseph hung up his phone, put a mask in his back pocket and jogged downstairs Martin was eating cereal and asked "Joe-Joe where are you going?"
"Out." Joseph said.

"Out where?"

"Out-side." Joseph said.

Cerise stomped down the stairs and said to Martin "Let's go." Dragging him out of the house. Joseph paid no attention and received a text from De'ron.
Joseph walked out the house and got in the passenger seat next to De'ron and he drove off. "Wassup Joe." James said.

"Sup." Joseph said.

"You know where this nigga gonna be?" De'ron asked.
"Yeah 2211 East 22st street Red Acura. We waiting till he leave." Joseph said.

"You good Joe?" James asked.

"Naw man this nigga threatening my people's leaving dead rats on my porch man! How I'm gonna be ok? I'm not ok!" Joseph said.

"Chill man you ain't gotta yell at him." De'ron said.

"Sorry J." Joseph said.

"It's cool Joe." James said.

"I just wanna get this nigga fore he hurt my peoples you know?" Joseph asked.

"Yeah." De'ron said.

De'ron drove up Fallston street and said "Now we just gotta spot the house."
"That's the car!"Joseph said.

"Dere the house too." De'ron said, he parked close-by and Joseph said "Now we wait for this nigga to leave."

Chante toyed with the Ruby necklace as he called Joseph again but he wasn't answering.
"You still trying to call him?" Derrick asked.
"Yes."
"I don't think he came to school today either cause I usually see him in Mr.Van's class in the morning but he wasn't there." Derrick said.
"I'm worried about him been acting weird lately and I just know it's his mother." Chante said.

"She sounds like a real piece of work." Derrick said.

"Piece of shit." Chante said.

3 hours past and Joseph payed no attention to his phone his only focus was on that door opening while De'ron slept. Joseph eventually moved his attention to his phone and unbeknownst to him The door finally opened and James nudged Joseph, his attention turned to a lightskin man wearing sweats and a wife-beater quietly closing the front door and walked down the porch "Ron! Get up! That's the nigga!"

De'ron opened his eyes and said "Alright shi-Joe! That's that nigga I fought at the party and Chante was about to cut!" De'ron said.

"He the one that came back shooting? Even better." Joseph said.

De'ron started the car and followed the red Acura at a safe distance behind him. First he stopped at a gas station, then bought some weed from a man on the street and De'ron was getting impatient "What we chaperoning this nigga?! When we getting him?!"

"All these people out here nigga chill." Joseph said.

The stoplight turned red and Joseph noticed they were the only people on the road "Put your masks on." He said putting his on, Joseph slid out the car and crouched down to creep up to the passenger side pulled the gun out his waistband stood and got Kennard's attention "Open the fucking door!" He said.

Kennard jumped and unlocked the door Joseph got in and said "Keep you eyes forward and go where the fuck I tell you!"

"I-I-I only got my phone, some weed an-"

"DRIVE!" Joseph demanded.

Kennard did as he was told and De'ron followed them in his car. Joseph said "Turn left here and stop the car."