Chapter 16

Darien in the media above

"Destiny!" Chante shouted.

"So bitch?" Destiny asked matter of factly.

"Chante what you gotta tell me?" Joseph asked.

Chante broke in a nervous sweat despite the house being cool he looked away and said "I-I don't want to."

"Destiny can you leave us alone?" Joseph asked. She nodded and went upstairs and said "I will fucking tell if you don't!"

A single tear fell from Chante's face "Gorgeous tell me what's wrong." He said sitting Chante down on the couch with him.

"I'm breaking up-"

"I ain't trying to hear that, Destiny said you'd try to say that. Don't bullshit me Chante why you crying?"

"Joseph you gonna break-up with me anyway which is for the best." Chante sighed. Remember when I told you about Khalid, my ex?"

"He came back?" Joseph asked.

"Yeah."

"What he say to you?" Joseph said clenching his jaw.

"Yesterday before our date I was going in my locker and a letter and a bracelet fell out I thought it was from you at first but it was from Khalid. I didn't think to ask you cause I was having such a good time. So on our way to the bus stop he grabbed my wrist and said he really wanted to talk to me and give us another shot but I said no and he said he'll see me when I'm alone."

"I bet you he fucking won't cause I'll kill him with my bare hands." Joseph said.

"You don't know Khalid, Joseph you're out of your depth you a thug and everything but he's twisted Joseph something is off about him, he will kill you." Chante said.

"Chante what he do to you did he always hit you?"

"No he only hit me once." Chante said.

Joseph took Chante's hands and looked in his eyes "Tell me Chante." He said.

Chante sighed and said "Fine."

*Over A Year ago
Chante, Derrick and Destiny gave the teller their tickets and entered the football field.
"I'm only here to see this alleged fight." Chante said.

"I thought after Robert transferred he and Keith's beef died, guess not." Destiny said.
"Nobody cares about this fight." Derrick said.

"Then why you here nigga?" Destiny asked.

"I like football and I got money on the other team you know our Basketball team is better than our trash Football team, they have not won a game since Nothing was the same came out." Derrick said.

Chante and Destiny laughed and Chante said "People is here to see this fight, when was the last time you seen this many people from our raggedy ass school to see one of our raggedy ass football games?"

The trio sat down and talked amongst themselves and a boy bumped into Chante knocking over his soda and said "Whoa shorty my fault."

"Damn! My soda!" Chante said.

"I'm sorry yo, you want me to get you another one?" He asked.

"Um sure thank you." Chante said following the boy.
In line he asked "What you getting?"

"Sunkist."

"Cool. He said.

"Lemme get a Sunkist Orange soda." He said.