Chapter 19

"Did Joseph and De'ron find him yet?" Derrick asked.

"No they been following Gary for 2 weeks and other than him going to the clinic two times this nigga don't leave his mother's house." Chante said.

"Get a job! Sorry unemployed people me." Derrick said.

"He said he lives with his mom." Destiny said.

"If you are over the age of 20 and live with mom with no job, a kid and not going to school in my eyes you are a homeless loser." Derrick said.

"Nigga damn!" Destiny said.

"Now that was mean, all facts but mean." Chante said.

"Has that psycho called or come to you?" Derrick asked.

"No." Chante sighed "It' been quiet I've been alone or with Archer sometimes and nothing." Chante said.

"Who's Archer?" Destiny asked.

"What my father named my dog that belongs to me and now that's the only thing he responds to." Destiny and Derrick laughed and Chante sighed "I'm doing the same shit from a year ago staying home, going to school, living in fear."

"But you got us, and Joseph, the kids." Destiny said.

"Your dad and Archer too." Derrick said.

"I know but he's controlling so many aspects of my life and not even trying! I hate feeling like this." Chante said.

"Joseph's gonna find that muthafucker ok Chante." Destiny said.

"Well I got Joseph's graduation to look forward to in another week." Chante said.

"Yeah Chante be positive about that, remember when he said he wasn't graduating?" Derrick said.

"Yeah." Chante said coyly. "I'm gonna see him wear his cap & gown later when I go to his house."

"Oh wait! Can we go to my house instead of Derrick's?" Destiny asked.

"After we done climbed this fucking hill? Why bitch?!" Chante asked.

"Cause I got like 2 pieces of chicken in the fridge and I want them before my greedy snacking ass mom eat them and I'll have to kill her." Destiny said.

"Inconsistent! Now we have to walk! I'm raiding your fucking fridge when I get down there! Damn! You made me curse! Shit! I did it again! Shit!" Derrick said.

"I'm sorry I just want to go to my house." Destiny said.

(Wow my friends are basket-cases like me.) Chante thought.

"Nadine I'm on my way to the hotel." Gary said over the phone.

"Our hotel?" Nadine asked.

"Yeah I'm about 15 minutes away I can stay for about 5 days." Gary said.

"I'm coming baby." Nadine said hanging the phone up.

Nadine hastily packed a few shirts, pants, lingerie other toiletries her gun, knife, tazer and zipped it up. She opened Joseph's door and saw him wearing a graduation gown with Cerise, and Martin wore the cap.

"What are y'all doing?" Nadine asked.

"We're looking at Joseph's graduation stuff." Cerise said "Shouldn't you know mom?"