[14]

Recap: "Can you guys stop? And Alice, follow me. I want to talk to you for a minute." Ajax motioned for me to follow him.
---
Oh no. What's happening? Ajax wants to talk to me. Is this good or not? Is this good or not? Good or not? Good or- "Alice? Al-lice?" Ajax's voice stops me from debating whether the conversation's going to turn out good or not.
I simply gave him a nod, humming quietly. "There's something I want to tell you." He says.
"Oh? And what is that?" I raise an eyebrow at him, turning my head to the side.
"I-I. I think you're." His shoulders tensed up slightly and I can tell he's getting nervous. 
"I'm what?"
I can't help it anymore. I need to know. I just need to. Besides I need to get ready to kick him if he says something bad.
"I think you're annoying."
I feel my shoulders drop slightly but hide my disappointment.

Ajax's P.O.V
"I think you're annoying."
I study her and notice that her shoulders drop suddenly but she quickly flashes a sarcastic smile at me, trying to hide her disappointment. I know I should've told her the truth but I couldn't. I just couldn't. I was too weak, a freak. I chickened out when the time came too close. "Thanks. I get that a lot." Her smile is still there, albeit a little lopsided.
She walks away after giving me a hard smack across my face, leaving me to stand in the hallway all alone. "Next time, I'll tell you what you want to hear. Cause the truth is always in the way. I never want to live in fear. I don't want to hold back all the things I need to say. I won't do it anymore. I won't keep lying to you. I'm sorry." I whispered lowly, when she was out of earshot.

Alice's P.O.V (again)
I plant a hard slap across his face and walk away. I stop suddenly when he started to murmur under his breath. He was talking to himself but curiousity killed the kitty and I was a stupid cat. Trying to make it seem like I was gone, I hid behind the wall next to the hall entrance and listened as best as I could without giving myself away. "Next time, I'll tell you what you want to hear. Cause the truth is always in the way. I never want to live in fear. I don't want to hold back all the things I need to say. I won't do it anymore. I won't keep lying to you. I'm sorry." I heard him say.
No. He did not just say that. He couldn't have. He couldn't have. But then why did I just hear the words come out of his mouth? Did he really mean it? Or no? And why did those words sound so familiar?
A bunch of questions were floating around in my mind when it suddenly hit me. No way. The idiot just recited the lyrics of my favorite song. But how did he know? He went through my phone. Oh dear lord, help me.
---
Heyo! School's almost starting so I'm trying to update as much as possible. And if you want to get my second account, refer to the 'Account Info' chapter.