Courtesy of The Red, White, and Blue

"Ladies and gentleman, please remain seated and calm. We have bombs on board."
"Always put others before you."
That one sentence would forever be engraved in my mind for I was raised by it and if this wasn't the time to live by it, I don't know when it would be. It hit me then that we would never arrive at San Francisco International Airport ever. That we would all die one way or another. Realizing that we were over a river and that if we didn't stop the plane now, others would die as well. Unbuckling my seatbelt, I stood up and people around murmured in a panic.
"What are you doing?"
"We're going to die."
"What are we going to do?"
"We're going to fight our way through this." I stated boldly.
"Are you crazy? We'll all die!" Someone shouted.
"Either way, we'll die anyway! We have no choice but to fight! Now, who's with me?"
No one replied for a moment and I was starting to lose hope until someone stepped forward. "I will." She whispered quietly, as if doubting herself.
No one else stepped forward. "Okay then. We'll go but it's a sad day for America when no one fights for the life of others." I shake my head at the innocent patrons who would rather let others die than just ourselves.
As we stepped towards the pilot's deck, I looked back in time to find that some many others had stood up to join us. I opened the door to the pilot's deck only to found ourselves in a serious life or death situation. Someone stood with a gun pointed towards us and another piloting the plane to the White House. If one of us goes down, we're all going down together. "Charge!" I yelled.
Heeding my orders, everyone did as they were told and ran towards the two men, attacking them with all they had. A few minutes later, we felt the plane lurch downwards. We were going to die but at least we would die saving someone else's life.
That day, I was supposed to be one of those people who died but I didn't. I survived the attack of 9/11. This was the courtesy of the red, white, and blue.