Everything to lose, Nothing to gain (p4)

(Your pov)

Only a few days had passed by since I put Jack's ass out of the house and I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

I knew that I wouldn't be able to get over him and move on quickly, but I wasn't going to sit around and cry as if I did something wrong.

The aura of the house was peaceful, something it hadn't been in a couple weeks.

My vibe was rudely interrupted by the doorbell.

'Hopefully it's isn't Jack' I mumbled to myself as I walked downstairs.

"Nate?"

I was confused as to why he was at my door, but I didn't want to be rude.

"You gon' let me in, or...?"

I stepped aside so he could walk through the threshold.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just came by to see how you've been."

"Surprisingly I've been better than ever."

"That's good, that's good." He patted my knee a few times while he looked around the room.

"Umm..."

"You sure you've been fine? Seems lonely without a real man around here."

"Listen,"I removed his hand off my knee,"I already told you that I'm fine. I don't know the real reason you decided to pop up at my house since we aren't even close like that. Another thing, just because Jack and I have issues right now doesn't mean I'm gonna allow you or anyone else to 'slick' diss him."

I don't know why the fuck he started smirking at me, but I didn't even bother asking.

I just wanted to be left alone.

"Alright then, lil mama."

He got up and walked over to the door, showing himself out.

I started to miss Jack a little bit more, but my pride wouldn't allow me to seem weak and call him.

He knew that I wouldn't want to talk to him, so he was giving me space.

Good boy.

Maybe he was truly sorry and didn't mean for any of this to happen.

I still love him, obviously, and that'll probably never change.

{Part five is most likely going to be the last part and that isn't in my drafts yet, so there will be a wait for it. Hope y'all have enjoyed this miniseries so far. Don't forget to vote and leave feedback. Until next time... ✌🏾️}