Chapter 2: silly woodsman

around twelve o'clock I decided to head back to Nottingham, I packed the medicines and herbs in a brown satchel and grabbed my staff.

I pushed the cloth back, draping over the opening and exit.

I then started my journey back to the city, I enjoyed the silence the only noise was the sweet sound of birds.

I would soon cross paths with a familiar face.

as I walked while looking down, my shoulder bumps into something.

I raise my head, and I'm face to face with the rude man from before.

"you? you're the man from earlier! Finally decided to wake up have we?" I retorted.

"if you must know, my name is Will Scarlet and I don't appreciate your tone." he put his hands on his hips funnily.

he was toying with me.

"Well. 'Will Scarlet' I demand an apology from before.." I folded my arms after informing him funnily as well.

he stared at me mischievously and kept looking at my bag, I shook my head slightly and moved my eyes around in response to his odd stare.

he reached for my bag, but I swayed out of the way, he fell then turned around quickly.

I gave him an unpleasant gaze.

I commanded smooth textured vines to sprout from the ground, I made them bind his wrists.

I turned around and begun walking, "let's see you get out of those Mr. Will Scarlet." I retorted.

of course, I wasn't trying to harm him, I was just punishing him for his rudeness he'll eventually get out of them.

he struggled with the vines while watching me disappear into the bushes.

when I arrived in the city, I climbed the many distant staircases to his room.

I opened the door, it creaked loudly.

Nottingham was pouring a glass of white wine, "where did you run off to?" he asked somewhat happily.

I proceeded to put the satchel on a small black table, "home. I do however have a life outside of this tower, I don't get to tend to my plants very much being here with you." I retort.

he turns around and smiles, "my mother wishes to see you." he notified me.

I exhaled, "you are, coming with me aren't you?" I demanded obviously.

he lifted his brows and turned to put the chalice down.

I grab the bag and open a door to the far left, we traveled down an old spiral stairwell.

the walls were cracked and grey, white fog filled the atmosphere to the base of our legs.

I caressed the wall as I took the first step on a wooden plank, tiny little creatures were crawling or hopping everywhere.

both I and Nottingham were dancing around trying to avoid stepping on them.

"Mortianna?" I called as I held up the satchel.

"Ahh! My ingredients!" she jumped up out of the fog and grabbed the bag.

I was startled and jerked just as Nottingham did, "I've made your medication, so be sure to take it." I stated and stared at her.

it's no wonder as to why people call her a witch, she surely has the appearance of one.

Long messy white hair, the cackling laugh, the hands, and her eyes.

one is a bleached white, and the other is a brownish-red color.

she paid no attention to us and simply talked gibberish to her animals.

I look back at Nottingham with a confused expression.

he just lifted his eyebrows and shrugged.

I exhaled and faced Mortianna, "I'm going back upstairs.." I retort.

I start climbing, "my room, ten o'clock tonight?" he tried seducing me again, his tone was annoying.

"NO.." I said plainly and boldly while continuing.

he made a frustrated face and stared at a wall.

Mortianna randomly speaks, "if you continue to treat her that way, she'll leave us."

Nottingham snaps out of his stare, "she won't be going anywhere.." he assured powerfully.

as I sat at the long brown table in his 'throne room' his cousin, Guy bursts in.

"where's Sheriff?!" he demanded breathing heavily.

"in the dungeon, say why so out of breath? running away from your enemies again?" I joked.

he took a minute to compose himself, "you should hush that sweet mouth of yours Azurel, a frustrated and angry man can do a lot of things to a woman he likes." he shook his finger as he spoke, and stared at me with interest.

I rolled my eyes slightly and looked away, both Sheriff and his cousin Guy had an interest in me, it was miserable.

Guy scurried down the stairs, "Sheriff!" he called demandingly.

Nottingham looked up, "I have some rather interesting news, Robin Locksley has escaped prison in a foreign country with a new ally." Guys deep manly voice echoed slightly.

Sheriff turned surprised, "find him! and kill him! we can't let him ruin what we've created." Nottingham demanded greatly and scurried back upstairs.