Chapter 13: the fall of Sheriff

the dark deity swiftly soared through the air, back to Sheriff's location.

it flew through the walls of the tower, and down to the dungeons.

Sheriff's POV>

he was fiddling with a stick of incense, he had it close to his mouth and face rubbing it in his palms.

when suddenly his dark god flies through his back and out of his chest.

Sheriff reacted by putting out his arms and slightly leaning back..

he dropped the incense stick.. (it fell to the ground in slow motion)

the look on his face was surprised, his mouth partially hung open and he felt a small bit of pain.

it then flies back into his body, and returns to his soul.

he falls to his knees and was stunned. 

he realized that the ritual didn't work, his eyes water and spit falls from his lower lip.

"No!. No!. No!." he punches the ground viciously in a slow motion.

"again.." he suddenly stops and mutters intensely, then stumbles on his feet toward the altar.

meanwhile> the woodsmen's camp>

I sat beside Will and Azeem around a fire, Friar was paying us a little company.

Will stared at him sourly, I peek over at him and smile slightly, I touch his hand.

He gazes at me after removing his displeased look..

"Don't worry I believe Friar has given up his old ways.." I assure.

He leans over, "how do you know that?" He mutters.

"Friar has a dark history He worked for Sheriff, But he was mostly drunk while doing so. I don't think all of his mind was corrupted." I whisper.

"Black powder What the devil is that?" Friar curses.

"a very dangerous mixture, easy to make by those who know how complicated to those who have no knowledge of it," Azeem replies, while he rubs his hands.

"Azurel? would you mind demonstrating," he asks.

I grin lightly and scoot over closer near Azeem's small fire, I grab a handful of powder from a clay jar and look Friar in the eye briefly.

I drop it quickly into the flame, a boom along with a tall smoke cloud followed.

It made him fall over on his back..

"My, God!" He blurted out in the process of sitting back up.

"don't worry Friar, This was only a small part of what black powder can do when thrown or lit with fire," I explain.

"Barrels of black powder will be placed around the tower in the city, One will be set off as a distraction To get Sheriff's attention."

"They will do much more damage than a simple spark like this.." Azeem explains to him.

"It seems as though it works, the powder is in excellent condition." I kindly imply and praise Azeem.

He smiles and nods at me, "I knew the quality would please you But I just had to make sure." He jokes and continues to fiddle with his hands.

I assume he was messing with the mixture and still had some on his hands, I exhale through my nose humorously but became depressed.

I stared at the ground, "Excuse me.." I say looking around, I touch Will's shoulder and get up.