epilogue: a new life

the day after>

Will and I were married by Friar in Sherwood Forest.

he was dressed not in rags but in new clothing of Scarlet.

I wore a white lace dress and a flower circlet for the ceremony, it was traditional.

after the vows were exchanged, I created white flowers and sent them flying in the breeze.

Robin, Azeem, and the woodsman people were all there for the wedding.

time skip>

a week after the wedding, Aearon returned to the forest.

we walked toward each other peacefully, I held out the scroll to him angelically..

his eyes filled with love and joy, he gently takes it.

"Thank you.." He softly mutters.

I bow my head as he turns and leaves, I watch and when he was gone I turned to go my own way back to my hollow where Will awaited me.

since the city was taken back, the woodsmen left the forest.

Will and I stayed and lived together in the tree..

Robin and Azeem visited the last time before setting out on adventuring, they've been through a lot together those years being held captive in another country.

so.. why part now?

maybe in their time of adventuring, they'll save another land in need.

oh and I almost forgot..

Marian and Robin were married a few days after Will and me, I feel sorry for Marian that Robin is going off again leaving her.

but I have faith that he'll return most likely much wiser and selfless than he was..

Guy has pledged himself to me as a companion and whenever I need him all I shall have to do is call on him.

he remains a citizen in the city and visits once in a while..

as for Sheriff, his darkness has not left him.

he lays in his cell day and night cursing Will's name and the name of his cousin, and all who betrayed and fought against him.

Even his own deity he has come to hate..

his feelings for his mother's death, however, were happy.

her body was taken from her dungeon and since buried far from the city..

I still hold hope for Sheriff that one day, he will be reborn from his ashes and maybe one day roam free as a servant of the light.

If that time is to ever come for him, he will be stripped of his rights as the Sheriff of the city and have to win the trust and forgiveness of the people to wash himself of his wrongdoings.

but after that, he won't be welcome in the city again he will be sent out into the cold world, looking for his new place in life.

I have already begged Robin to find it in his heart to forgive Sheriff for killing his father..

grudges are no good to hold, they will destroy a person over time.

to my hope he has and he has moved on.

I have forgiven him, Guy has forgiven him, Friar and as stubborn as he is so has Will.

all that's left to do now is forget, forget the wickedness of our old lives and let it pass away..

there is no more fear..