Chapter 10: Sheriff finds the woodsman camp

Will and I silently stare at each other, until we heard a man shouting.

"Sheriff and his men are headed toward the camp!" he urgently screams.

I panicked and look over my shoulder.

"We have to get you inside! come on!" Will grabs my arm and pulls me away.

I slightly exhale as ran behind him..

we scurry back into the camp, "he's looking for me Will, just go hide I'll draw them off." I stop him and sincerely plead.

he stares and shakes his head without a word, he didn't know what to say and he looked afraid.

"There are too many children here, I don't want anyone to die," I add seriously in a saddened expression.

"if you leave he'll take you back to the city! God only knows what he'll do to you there! you're staying here." he pulls me over and swiftly opens a wooden door to one of the huts.

he tosses me inside, and then enters and closes the door.

he grabbed something to jam it with..

meanwhile, "Azurel?" a woman says as she sat close to the back of the hut.

I turn and stare, "Lady Marian?" I say in confusion and walk over to sit beside her.

"what are you doing here?" I asked curiously.

"visiting Robin I heard of his fame, how he steals from the rich and gives to the poor like these woodsman folk I could hardly believe it so I came to see it for myself.," she explains calmly.

"Have they told you of the plan? and-" I say before she cuts me off.

"yes and I'm very happy that you're back to your old self." she hugs me tightly.

years before Sheriff, Marian and I had a strong friendship I was like her sister but then my purity became corrupted and I turned on her and everyone else.

"Sheriff is in the camp," I inform her regretfully. 

"I know, look." she points at a small gap in the wall.

I gaze over and look through it with her. 

Will crawls over shortly after, and looks through as well.

we saw nothing for a few moments, nothing but trees and land and a light mist.

then suddenly, Sheriff and some of his men ride out of the brush, the mist was moved by their entrance.

we heard screaming from the entire village, a woodsman runs up to him trying to attack but Sheriff's quick response was pulling out his sword and slaying him cleanly while gritting his teeth.

the woodsman falls with force onto the ground as Sheriff shouts to someone, "where is she?!"

we heard a horse gallop, "she's not here." the deep voice of a man replies in frustration as he comes into our view.

Guy...

"you haven't checked everywhere yet 'keep looking'!" Sheriff retorts coldly.

my heartbeat gets faster as he peers into my direction at the hut we were hiding in close by.

I exhaled heavily as I stared through the gap, it felt like he knew I was here.

seconds that felt like hours later, he whips his head away and starts riding off to other parts of the camp.

"Follow me!" he yells at his men.

they loudly gallop by and disappeared from our sight..