Chapter 6: Azurel falls ill

Guy gives a slightly annoyed glance as he proceeds to walk to the table, he sits down after pouring a drink.

he gulps a mouth full down his gullet, he puts the cup down forcefully.

"Azurel you made me ride through half of the forest looking for you and you've been here all this time?" he retorts while looking down at the splintered old table.

Nottingham looks over his shoulder, "you took to long, I rode out to look for her myself, I brought her back shortly before you arrived." he scorns back.

Guy rolls his eyes to the right and stares at a torch, "now, Azurel as we were discussing." Nottingham faces me again.

I quickly make up something to end this, "no need, I'm fine now that I'm back I should return to my normal duties." I start walking away, for some reason I headed down to the dungeon to visit Mortianna.

I felt different inside like I was changing, I needed her help. 

"Azurel! please, you must tell me!" Nottingham followed me frantically.

"Sheriff there is nothing wrong I'm fine.." I started to feel light-headed while traveling down the steps.

I made it to the cobblestone flooring and stood straight, "Mortianna?" I called.

she turned around and stared.

suddenly I drop to the ground, lying on my side. 

Nottingham rushed down the last few steps in panic, "Azurel!" he yelled and kneeled by my side.

i had fainted, the reason why was currently unknown.

Mortianna rushed over, she kneeled next to me as well.

she moves her hands over my body slowly, "she has fallen ill, her aura is changing." she proclaimed in a soft voice.

"what do you mean changing?" he questioned in a demanding tone.

"I don't know, bring her over here." she got up and stopped next to a cot, it was covered in a crocheted red, white and black blanket.

he picked me up and quickly laid me down on it, he placed my staff next to me.

in the woods far away, Will Scarlet had a sudden intense pain in his heart.

he grunted, and as it got worse he clutched his chest.

he was connected to me, instantly after we met things started to change.

with his kindness and loving attitude towards me he sparked the true Azurel inside of me into fruition, he changed me, my emotions and inflamed my desire to have nothing to do with Nottingham or his evil ways anymore.

I won't be ill for long but when I fully return to the light, how will i fake being dark in Nottingham's presence?

back in the dungeon, "you have to do something Mortianna! i plan on having her as my wife!" he shouted.

"you're a witch? aren't you?" he added furiously.

"I cannot do anything until I truly know what her condition is." she raises her voice.

he stares, "she may come out of this soon, she must be stressed it isn't surprising, you and your cousin are always after her." she retorts.

he was about to quote her on rushing him to take me, "and don't quote me about rushing you to make her yours, even before then you'd pursue her about it on your own I realize this still needs time." she somehow read his mind.

his blank stare turned into an annoyed one as she examined me.

Will's pain stopped, he composes himself and looks up.

he was confused, then it came to his mind.

"it's Azurel." he thought of me softly.

he ran off in a rush, he sat against a tree, he felt saddened he never did anything wrong so why did he feel that way?

in the tower, Nottingham rushes back upstairs.

he grabs his coat, Guy notices his change in energy.

"what's wrong cousin?" he asked still leaning back comfortably in Nottingham's chair.

as Nottingham puts on his coat he turns to look at him, "Azurel fell ill, I'm going to fetch medicinal plants for Mortianna." he replied irritatedly.

Guy slowly leans forward, his facial expression turned ghostly with fear.

as Nottingham left the room he quickly ran to the dungeon.

aside from all of their evil ways, they truly did care about me, I did for them in return but I cannot remain here with them any longer.

Guy approaches me calmly and slowly, he stared at me, then kneels halfway and grabs my hand.

they tried everything to get me to wake up for two days, the third morning, I was coming out of my slumber.

I open my eyes slowly, a large sunray poured through a dungeon window.

I lean up, Mortianna notices.

"you're awake.." her voice rung through my eardrums.

I gaze at her, I was silent.

my heart and soul felt lighter, different.

meanwhile in Nottingham's throne room, "what do we do about Robin hood?" his cousin reminded him of the ongoing search.

Nottingham sat back in a chair facing the dungeon door, "that's something we can't worry about right now.." he moved his left hand away from his cheek slightly, at the same time I walk through the dungeon door.

his face lit up as Guy turned to look, he arises from his seat.

"Azurel.." he muttered.

I just stare at them, they do the same with me.