Chapter 12: Azeem and his gift

a small cool, quiet breeze blew ruffling strands of my hair like ribbons.

my expression was blank but beautiful.

I silently stare at Aearon without a word, in fact, nobody spoke for just a while..

"we will depart now, thank you for your kindness My Lady," he assured.

for a second I didn't say anything, "being kind and contempt to people is all I know how to do now."

"It just feels right." I strongly express, with an angelic small smirk.

he goes to turn away, "thank you for telling me about who I am and why I am here because I never really knew myself." 

he looks back at me and smiles, as I reach for the circlet on my head.

I stare down at it and twist it in my fingers, "I never knew why I wore this, I found it one day years ago it was stuck high on a tree branch it sparkled and caught my eye."

(flashback..

I created a vine and from my hand, sent it up to carefully pull it down..)

"I suppose it was fate, that I found it, it must have been mine before I came into this world it must have found its way back to me," I say sincerely.

"I believe so too.." he kindly replies and shortly turns back around.

I watch them leave in such grace, along with the woodsmen people.

I felt rather settled about everything that just happened.

from the beginning when I met Sheriff six years ago, I never truly knew what I was getting myself into.

one thought that I had all my life being with him, was that I would one day leave and go my own way.

however, I never could understand, if I really did or didn't want to.

something would always hold me back from making a decision, it would always be a thought that slipped my mind and would return once in a while.

but on the day I met Will, my life began to change dramatically.

I couldn't take the life I was living anymore, and I finally realized what I wanted all along.

it 'was' to break free from Sheriff and Mortianna.

after I woke from my sudden collapse everything was clear.

I mean, of course, I hated that life he pestered me all the time trying to make me his harlot, I knew this but still stuck around like a loyal dog.

and Mortianna used me as a source for herbs and plants so that she could perform spells and her other wrongdoings.

I felt more like a slave or a messenger than a companion to them..

and Guy well he wasn't nearly as bad, but he shared the same interests for me like his cousin and he would drink a lot like him too.

however he hardly bothered me, I guess you could say he was the better of the two.

but most of all out of my awakening, I fell in love with Will.

I can see now that he actually fell for me, since the first time we met he wasn't at all bothered by my attitude and instead teased me for it out of likeness.

but when he found out I was Sheriff's ally, he turned against me and felt hurt.

but those feelings quickly went away, the pain he felt in his chest when i fell ill and began to change and return to the light was the connection between us.