Chapter 15

The Hunters had put out their guards but we had a slight advantage. Our numbers outnumbered them ten to one and in wolf form we didn't get tired as easily. Logan and I were in wolf form walking on the edge. Mama and Papa followed as the Betas and Mr. and Mrs. Willow follow them as third in command.

Logan. You can't keep circling, Papa said. Logan sat and looked out.

I am nervous to attack the Hunters, Logan said looking at me.

Why? I asked.

That child is there. And you took a liking to him, he said. I thought about Cade.

Logan, we can find a way to protect him, I told him. He looked at me and nodded.

Get him and nip him so he becomes one of us. We will raise him as one of our pack members and a foster child under our care, he said. I nodded and Logan looked at the Hunters.

Attack, Logan ordered. The pack started running and I bolted down ahead of the pack to find Cade.

"Angela?" Cade asked from behind the tree. I looked at him and shift back quickly.

"Hey Cade. How about you show me the river?" I asked. He smiled and took my hand to lead the way.

"I really like the river. It's almost as pretty as you," he said. I blushed as I blocked his view to behind us. I couldn't see anyone but I was frightened he would see the wolves attacking the Hunters.

"Thank you Cade. How often do you come to the river?" I asked.

"Everyday. I like playing in the water," he said as the trees showed a small river through them.

"Would you like to see Lacey again?" I asked. His eyes shone and he nodded his small head vigorously. I shifted and he touched my white fur.

"You are so beautiful," Cade said. I licked his small neck and nipped his collarbone, causing him to fall unconscious.

"I am so sorry Cade but we are your family now," I said as I picked up the small boy. I started running so he was protected.

"Luna!" a warrior yelled as he saw me. Tank, Allen, and Corey were with him and ran to me.

"Who is this?" Tank asked.

"You. Warrior. Take this child to the pack house and make sure my brother watches him," I ordered. He nodded and took Cade. I went to go back and Allen stopped me.

"Who is that child Angie?" Allen asked me. I looked at the tree closest to us.

"A wolf child. I am not leaving him here where he could get hurt," I said. Tank growled and pushed me against a tree.

"Angela, who was that and why was he with the Hunters? Don't make me question your ability to lead the Rose Creek Pack," Tank said. I struggled under his arm and eventually gave up so I hung a few inches above the ground.

"It's unimportant. Logan gave me orders to do it," I said. They all exchanged a look.

"What did Logan give you orders to do?" Corey asked.

"He didn't want to kill the child. He took a liking to me and Logan didn't want to put me through the pain of seeing him dead," I said.

"You changed him," Allen said. I closed my eyes and nodded.

"Our Alpha gave me orders to do so. I did what he had asked. Now as Luna, I order you to put me down and join the battle," I said, using my Alpha voice.

"You need to be careful. You are holding our mates in your head and we would like to meet our mates one day soon but we can't do that if you are dead," Allen said. I nodded.