Chapter 63

A week passed and I stood in the window of Logan's and my bedroom. I was watching Logan barbeque for the pack. A celebration for Jackson's birthday, the first of March. I was more silent those days and tended to stay away from people. The Mystic Pack was doing their sacrifice that night with only the Alphas present since Auntie and I didn't want to see the pups get killed. The agreements were just being typed up so we could all sign them. We created the Republic of North American Packs, or RNAP, where it mocked the United States government.

"Angie?" Mama asked. I turned around and saw her and Mariam in the doorway. I sighed and sat at the vanity that Logan put in for me.

"Yes?" I replied, brushing my hair out.

"Why aren't you down there with your son? It's his birthday," Mariam said. I looked at my reflection and shook my head.

"There is a reason. Just go enjoy the party," I said. They knelt on either side of me.

"Cariño, your son is asking for you," Mama said. I shook my head.

"It's better if I wasn't there," I said. Mariam stood me up and shook her head.

"You need to be there for Jackson," she said. I let her pull me downstairs. Logan smiled at me and I walked to him.

"Our moms really wanted you down here," he whispered. I looked at Jackson playing with other kids.

"Yeah. But what if I mess up and everything is lost?" I asked. He moved me in front of him and kissed my head.

"I'm sure you will be fine, Angel," he said. I cuddled into his chest and I watched Jackson play.

Everything happened so quickly. There was a branch falling and I screamed. I stared at the branch and it fell into the woods. Everyone looked at me. I heard Logan but didn't hear him. I looked at Freddie and he flew into my arms. I ran with Freddie in my arms. I ruined everything.

Logan's P.O.V

I had tried to calm everyone down so Angie wouldn't freak out but she made Freddie come to her and ran off into the woods. It started getting dark and she didn't come back so I ordered search parties to go out. Her parents, my mom, Corey, Tank, and Allen decided to come with me.

"When were you planning on telling us about her magic?" Ms. McCain asked as we climbed up a hill.

"We barely knew. She was scared to tell anyone about what happened," I said. Mr. McCain growled.

"What did you do to my daughter? She never had magic before," he said. I walked faster and my mom touched my back.

"Logan, what's wrong?" she asked. I shook my head and she grabbed my arm.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled. Everyone froze.

"Logan..." Tank said. I growled.

"Our house has been Hell for the past week. Angie was scared and has been trying to control her magic. That's the largest thing she moved. She  only moved small objects and Freddie not branches or stuff like that," I said.

"Well, if we are going to be in-laws, we can't have secrets between our families," Mr. McCain said. I turned and looked at him.

"I was obeying my mate's wish to not tell anyone. She was scared and I would do anything to make her feel safe. If that means hurting everyone we love to make her safe and happy, then be it," I said. Everyone stared at me.

"Since when do you and Angela think it's you two against the world. You have family and friends that would die and kill for you guys. You guys can't keep pushing the world away," Corey said, softly. I looked away as tears fell.

"I need to find Angie," I said, starting to walk. I had to find my mate.

Freddie's P.O.V (Yes, this is the pup talking)

My mother ran into the woods with me and tears rolled down her face. I wanted to talk to her but I couldn't form words. She kept running deep into woods past dark.

"I will protect you, baby," she said. She stopped and looked around.

Mommie, I said in my mind. She looked down.

"Di-did you just talk to me?" she asked, softly. I made a face at her.

I think magic makes parents able to talk to their children. I just want to comfort you, I said. She kissed my forehead.

"We will protect you forever," she said. She stood catching her breath.

"Luna Angela!" a man yelled. Mommie started running again and I started crying.

"Shh... Shh, we will be okay. We will release Devon, Sarah, and Liam then run away forever," she said as we ran.

Bye Daddie, sisters and Jackson, I whispered as Mommie ran further into the woods.

*A few days later*

Logan's P.O.V

I threw my desk over. I spent days looking for my mate. My life. My Angela. There was nothing that gave me any hints at where she was.

"Logan... Sarah and Devon just showed up," Tank whispered. I ran down stairs to see Corey and Allen holding their mates with tears in their eyes.

"Where is Angela?" I boomed. The two girls stared at me.

"Possibly Russia. Maybe Spain. All we know is that she was leaving and leaving quickly. Liam is trying to convince her to stay," the blonde that was holding Allen - Sarah - said.

"And I failed," a boy said. Liam. "I'm sorry. The best I could do was make sure she arrived at the airport safe."

I fell to the floor.

I will find you my love. I will never stop until I do.

The End.