Chapter 21

After I showered, got dressed, and got the girls dressed, it was ten thirty. I started playing with the girls and Cate were fascinated with the house keys since they noise; Lily my phone's screen since it was bright.

"Luna? The council has directed us to escort you to the meeting spot and drop you off to their guards," Dean said, walking in. I nodded him and picked the girls up.

***

Dean wasn't joking when he said that he was going to drop me off to the council's guards. It was a fancy country club and I was so surprised to see the large hall that we were eating in.

"Address them as Lord or Lady of their supernatural being," Dean told me as he left. I nodded and held the girls' stroller handle tighter as all the Lords and Ladies looked at me.

"Luna Angela McCain-Fen, please sit. Food will be out shortly," Lord of Zombies said. I saw the open chair with two high chairs next to it. I walked to the chair and placed the girls in the high chairs.

"Thank you for seeing us," I said.

"That is no problem Luna. We have all heard of two children being the start of a war and we couldn't allow it," Lady of Fairies said.

"That's very kind of you," I said as Lily started bubbling with small sounds.

"What are the two angels of pups' names?" Lord of Wolves asked.

"Caitlynn and Lilian," I stated.

"They are adorable," he cooed.

"For wolf pups," Lord of Vampires said. Lord of Wolves stared at him.

"Honour and kindness is what we show," Lord of Wolves said. I smiled at him and he nodded.

"What steps have you taken to defend your pack?" Lady of Shifters asked.

"We are on the brink of a very destructive war," I stated.

"We will step in and eliminate the Mystic Pack for you," Lord of Wolves said. Tears instantly rolled down my face and there were mutters as I covered my face.

"Luna Angela Fen, why are you crying?" Lady of Vampires asked me.

"For years, we thought non e of you cared about me. My pack thought I was mental for trying to call you. But you are helping us and-" I hid in my hands and let myself cry in front of them. I heard a chair move and a hand on my back.

"Luna... You are the first in a hundred years to contact us. We know that the packs have been unstable in North America for years and now you tried to get help in the most legal way possible," Lord of Wolves said. I looked at him and smiled.

"Thank you my lord," I said. He patted my head like a child and returned to his seat as the food came.

"Eat Luna. You must be hungry due to the little boy you are carrying now," Lord of Wolves said. I looked at him shocked and so did the other lords and ladies.

"Excuse me?" I asked. He raised an eyebrow.

"You are pregnant are you not?" he asked. I nodded.

"I am but my mate and I just found out and you can't tell what it is," I said, "Not yet at least."

"A benefit of being the Lord of Wolves. Congrats on your baby boy," he said. I touched my belly and looked at the girls.

"Thank you," I whispered.

***

Dean was waiting outside for me when the meeting was over. The lords and ladies left promptly and yet the Lord of Wolves stayed sitting.