Chapter 36

Angela's P.O.V

I ran through the woods. Jackson had to be in the woods. I was following his scent but it was faint so the wind could have pushed it that way. Logan was running right behind me.

"I don't know why you're following me, Logan. You don't care about him. You should just go back to the pack house and watch the girls," I said. I knew I was out of line but I was scared and angry and scared.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Logan asked. I turned around to face him.

"You see Jackson as a bastard and me as a whore. Just admit it Logan," I said.

"No. I see Jackson as my son and you as nothing less than perfect," he said. I slapped him. "What was that for?" he asked.

"Charles told me exactly what you were thinking. Do you know how much that hurts?" I asked. He held my arms. I tried twisting out but I couldn't.

"Listen to me now. Jackson is my brother's son and I plan on handing him the pack. Jackson will be the Alpha because he deserves it. I love him and I love you. You two are my family," he said. I bit my lip then we heard a scream.

"Jackson!" I yelled. I started running towards the sound and Logan stayed close to me. We stopped as we saw a girl pressing a knife to Jackson's throat.

"About time," the girl said.

"Mommie... Daddie..." Jackson whimpered. Logan held my arm as I started walking towards the duo.

"Who are you and what do you want with our son?" Logan asked.

"I want my father back," she asked. Jackson was staring at me.

"Your father? Who is your father?" I asked, looking at Jackson.

"Alpha Hunter," she said.

"We don't have your father," Logan said, "The Supernatural Council does." The girl pointed the knife at me.

"You. You have a friend there. You are taking me there and helping me get my father back," she said.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Harper," she said. I walked closer and Logan stayed close behind.

"May I please have my son?" I asked. She looked conflicted.

"Only if you help me get my father back," she said. I looked at Logan who stared at me.

"I have to do this Logan. Tell the boys I'm sorry. I'll meet you in Vegas," I said. Logan shook his head.

"No. Can't let you do this Angela," he said. I looked at Olivia and Jackson.

"It's for Jackson. Not for you or me or anyone else. It's for our son," I said.  

"How old is he?" Olivia asked.

"Two. Please, please, please," I begged. I don't know who I was talking to but I knew that one of them had to bend for me to get my son back.

"He's two?" Olivia asked.

"You are a month and half pregnant," Logan said.

"He is and I know that but I can do this," I said.

"He is so beautiful," Olivia whispered.

"You have to stay for all the pups," Logan muttered. I looked between them. Suddenly Jackson just ran to me as he pushed Olivia down.

"Mommie," Jackson cried.

"It's okay baby," I soothed as Logan approached Olivia.

"End it quickly, Fen," Olivia said. I hid Jackson in my chest and looked at Logan, who was smirking like a mad man.

"Now where is the fun in that?" Logan asked, grabbing her arm. Uncle and his Beta came around and stopped by me. "Do you have a torture chamber?" Logan asked Uncle.

"Take him to it," Uncle ordered his Beta. Logan dragged Olivia away and Uncle hugged me and Jackson.

"What is Daddie going to do in the tor... torture... chamber?" Jackson asked. I looked down at him.

"He is going to punish that bad girl who tried to hurt you," Uncle said. Jackson hugged my waist and looked at me.

"Can Mommie and I take a walk?" Jackson asked. I nodded and took my young son's hand.

"What do you want to see Jackie?" I asked. He bit his lip as we started walking.

"Can we go see a lake?" he asked. I thought about and remembered a lake that was around. About a four mile hike from where we were.

"Sure. Do you want me to carry you on my back?" I asked. He nodded and I squatted down so he could jump on and ride.

"You are so pretty Mommie," he randomly stated.

"Thank you," I whispered. He played with my hair as I walked.

"Why do we shift into wolves?" he asked. I thought about how to explain it to my son.

"We shift so bad people can't catch us," I said.

"Then why can't I shift? Don't little boys and little girls need to run away from bad people?" he asked.

"But you have a mommie and daddie that will protect you," I said. He started bouncing on my back.

"I'll be able to shift one day as well, right Mommie?" he asked. I held his hand and he kissed my hand.

"Yes you will. One day. And Mommie and Daddie will run with you so we can have more fun," I said. I started thinking about what Logan could possibly be doing to Olivia.

***

I laid Jackson down in a bed and tucked him in. He was knocked out and I kissed his forehead carefully. I walked downstairs and sat in the living room. Logan and Uncle hadn't come out of the torture chamber and I felt like Logan needed me there.

"Okay, Angela. Let's go see what your husband and mate are doing," I told myself. I forced myself to move towards the torture and opened the door slowly. I walked down the steps and heard screams.

"Tell us how you know that boy was a Fen!" Logan yelled. I peered around the corner to see what was going on. Uncle was standing in a corner as Logan pressed a knife against Olivia's skin.  I covered my mouth and pressed myself against the wall in shock.

"Someone told me!" Olivia cried. There was more screams.

"Stop it!" I screamed, stepping out from where I was hiding. Logan stared at me and I saw the blood on his face.

Mate won't hurt us, Lacey told me. I walked closer and held Logan's face.

"Let's go to bed. Maybe a night will let her have time to think about consequences and awards," I said. Logan led me upstairs and then glared at me.

"You shouldn't have came down," he said.

"I want you to come to bed with me," I said. He sighed.

"Okay," he said. I took his bloody hand and walked up the stairs.

"Bath time," I whispered. He took me to the bathroom and ran the water. We both stripped and sunk into the water so we were in each other's arms.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have scared our son. That was stupid of me," he said. I stared at him. "What?"

"You said our son," I whispered. He shrugged and nodded.

"Jackson is beautiful and I want to cherish him forever and shelter him from rouges and anything bad in this damn world that thinks they can harm him," he said. I hugged him.

"I love you," I said. He kissed my forehead.

"I love you too," he said. I cuddled in his arms and we sat in the tub for a while, quiet.

"Freddie is coming in three months and hopefully we can have more pups after?" I asked. I always wanted a large family.

"As many as you want," he said. I leaned on his chest and closed my eyes.