Chapter 18

Logan packed the diaper bag while I packed my backpack so I could get some sleep. I watched the baby monitor video camera. Their room was half finished and everything was sealed. I wanted a beautiful room for the girls but that didn't seem like it would happen.

"Fix the girls' room and I'll figure out if it's a boy or another girl and then you need to make that room as well, understand?" I asked. He kissed my temple.

"I swear it will be. I care about you and my children and I had Allen draw up plans for the next eighteen years and how the room will look," he said.

"I'm glad," I said. He picked me on and he picked me up so we can lay down. "I can't wait to meet the supernatural council and see how they function," I whispered. He chuckled as we cuddled closer.

"You are so beautiful and smart. But promise me something?" he asked. I cocked my head at him.

"Anything. You are my mate and I can honour any promise you want," I said. He kissed me and ran a tired hand through my hair.

"Remember you are beautiful and smart and talented and overall the most amazing person I have ever had the privilege of knowing," he said. I kissed him and he deepened the kiss.

"I promise," I said. He pulled my head to his chest. I closed my eyes and hid in his chest.

"Night Angel," he said.

***

I woke up early the next morning and watched my handsome mate as he slept ever so peacefully. Wisps of hair crossed his forehead and his breathing light like a feather. He was absolutely beautiful.

I looked at the screen and saw a man in the girls' room. I shook Logan like a mad man and he sat up. I pointed to the screen and he rubbed his eyes then stared at the screen. He jumped up and I ran after him.

"Good morning Alpha Logan and Luna Angela," the man said.

"Who are you?" Logan demanded. The man put Lily down and looked at us.

"I'm part of the Supernatural Council's Guard. My partner is in your living room but I had to see the pups that are talked about the world," the man said.

"What's your name?" Logan asked.

"Dean. I am a were wolf. My partner downstairs is Dante and he is a vamp," the man said.

"You scared the living daylights out of me, Dean. Mothers do not want to wake up to see a mystery man in their daughters' room," I said.

"I was sent to guard the pups until you were awake," Dean said. I picked up Lily and Cate.

"Want coffee?" Logan asked.

"I should probably get dressed and get ready to leave," I said.

"No need to rush. We will wait for the Council's most honoured guest to be ready to leave. We have all day," Dean said. I nodded.

"Thank you. We need to change," I said. Dean took the girls.

"I have direct orders. The three of us will be down stairs with Dante waiting for you," Dean said. I nodded as he walked down and I rubbed my face.

"I'm sorry. He just scared me and -" I started. Logan kissed my forehead.

"Don't worry. I would freak out as well. I'm glad you woke me up," he said. I kissed my husband and mate. I leaned against his chest and sighed.

"I almost peed my pants," I said. He chuckled and I punched his chest.

"Come on," he said, still laughing, "We need to get dressed."