Chapter 48

We had our first rush of injuries around six that night. We had the victory at the Gully. I marked a red pin at the location in the map Tank recommended we set up so we can keep track of victories and loses. Athena walked around handing out her crowns and it gave everyone smiles.

"Commander Willow?" Athena asked as she walked to us. She smiled when she saw the flower crown still on my head.

"Yes Athena?" Tank asked. Athena bounced on the balls of her feet.

"I made this one special for the man that protects our men out there," Athena said. She took out a crown with red, white, pink, blue, and purple roses.

"Thank you Athena," Tank said as Athena put it on his head. "Do you want Athena was the goddess of?" he asked the ten year old.

"No I don't," she said.

"Wisdom. Are you smart?" Tank asked. Athena nodded.

"I got an A on my math test," Athena said. I smiled.

"Should we pushed them into the river?" he asked. Athena nodded.

"Make sure you drown them," she said, skipping away.

"I like her," Tank said, smiling.

Angie... Logan mind linked me. He sounded weak and it concerned me.

Logan! Are you okay? We will be there soon to save you, I told him.

I'm fine. But since when does my Pacifist wife declare war? he asked.

When her protective husband gets kidnapped and she needs him to protect her like a princess, I said. I felt tears going down my face.

Don't worry darling. You stay safe and in the pack house. Tank will get me soon. I know he will, he said.

He will be attempting tonight. They will be focused on preparing for the war and not on you, I said. He laughed.

This is why you are the smart one, he said.

"Should I go for Logan?" Tank asked. I nodded.

Tank's P.O.V

I had circled around the Mystic Pack's lands. Everyone was at the meeting hall to talk about the war. At most there was four guards. So I took off for the cells.

"Logan?" I asked.

"Tank.." Logan whispered. I ran to the same cell he was in before and found him completely bloody and ready to die.

"Hold on man," I said. I kicked the lock and it broke. He moaned and I picked him fireman style.

"Ow..." he sighed. I started running and heard alarms but kept running. I had to make sure Logan got to the pack house.

Angela's P.O.V

I sat in the office and listened to Tank's second and third in commands bicker about plans.

"That's enough!" I yelled. "How many deaths were there on our side?"

"Twenty Luna," the second said. I wrote it down and looked back up.

"And how many on their side?" I asked.

"Fifty," the third said. I nodded and wrote that down as well.

"How many injured on our side?" I asked.

"Fifty-five," the second said. I nodded as a woman busted into the office.

"The Alpha was just brought in by Commander Tank!" the woman said. I made a mad dash to the living room and looked around.

"Angela!" Tank yelled and I ran towards him. I almost fell to my knees when I saw him.

He was beaten. Bruised. Bloody. He was knocked out and was labouring each breath. I bit my fist and turned into Tank.

"Tank..." I breathed.

"He will be okay, Angie. You need to stay with him," he said. I nodded and knelt next to Logan, holding his hand.

***

One week later

I had barely moved from Logan's side. I watched his face for any movement and I did it to no avail. He hadn't done anything. I was laying on his hand.

"Angie? Can you come with me?" Jay asked. I looked up.

"Come where?" I asked.

"Hannah is having the baby. I'm scared," Jay said. I looked at Logan and sighed.

"Okay. I'll come," I whispered. I kissed Logan' s forehead and stood.

"Angel..." Logan whispered. I froze and looked at him.

"Logan?" I asked. He opened his eyes weakly.

"Hey Angel," he muttered. I felt tears roll down my face.

"JAY MCCAIN! GET YOUR ASS UP HERE OR I WILL COME DOWN AND DRAG YOU UP HERE!" Hannah screamed. I looked at Jay.

"Stay here and I'll bring the pup down as soon as I can," Jay said. I nodded not letting my eyes leave my mate's weak form that was trying to move around.

"Okay... Don't move Logan," I said.

"Angel... I'm sorry that you have to see me like this," he said. I kissed him on the lips.

"I love you Loggie. I don't care as long as I see your eyes every single morning," I said. He smiled and touched my hair.

"How is our Freddie?" he asked.

"Growing. Month and a half left until he joins us," I said, moving his hair.

"As soon as I am better, you can go back to your Pacifist ways and I'll deal with the fighting," he said. I kissed his cheek.

"I don't care as long as you are safe," I said. He smiled.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine. I mean why wouldn't I be okay?" I asked. He touched my hair that was at stomach and didn't say anything for a minute.

"I like you with long hair," he whispered. I smiled.

"Okay," I said. I leaned on his chest and breathed in his scent.

"Can you lay next me? I want to hold you properly," he said. I climbed into the cot next to him and he pulled me close.

"I was so afraid of losing you," I said. He smiled weakly.

"You will never lose me," he said. I hid in chest as I slowly fell asleep for the first time in a week.