Chapter 28

I walked around the cabin at the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep. I had only slept the first two nights here but then thoughts crept into my mind.

Beta James touching me. Forcing me to kiss him. Forcing me to not move so he could use me. Logan, Hannah, and Jay hadn't noticed and I was forcing Lacey to function off of coffee.

We can't keep doing this! I don't care if we have nightmares! I want sleep! Lacey cried as I made another cup of coffee.

No. I'll think of him and if I think about Beta James then I will freak out, I said. She whimpered and I closed the mind link so she couldn't talk to me.

I sat on the couch and started drinking the cup of coffee I made. I rubbed my face and looked into the coffee. I was exhausted but at the same time I was too tired to sleep.

"Angela?" Logan asked. I turned around and saw my mate standing there like what I could say was a god.

"Go back to bed. I'll join you in a little bit," I said. He walked over and took in the cup of coffee I was holding.

"I kinda have Lacey in my head telling me you cut off the mind link between you two and you haven't slept in a week," he said.

"I'm fine," I said. He glared at me as he sat down.

"Open the mind link," he said. I did and Lacey growled at me.

B*tch, Lacey said.

Shut it, I said. We growled at each other until Logan cleared his throat.

"Both of you can stop," he said. I brought my coffee up to my lips and Logan took it. "You need real sleep. Our baby boy can't do well if you aren't sleeping."

"I'm fine," I said, reaching for my coffee.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" he asked.

"Because I can't, okay?" I snapped. He looked at me and I felt tears roll down my face.

"What's going on out here?" Jay asked as he opened the door to his and Hannah's room. I shook my head.

"Everyone just, please, go back to bed," I begged.

"Alpha? Are you going to bed?" Jay asked.

"Nope." He popped the 'p' and the two boys stared at me.

"I'm not tired," I said.

"Angie, you haven't slept in a week. We need you to sleep so you don't hurt yourself," Logan said. Jay sat on the other side of me and I stood.

"You don't understand," I teared up.

"What do we not understand, Angie?" Jay asked.

"I close my eyes and see him. I sleep and he is there," I said. Jay looked at Logan. Logan stood up and walked to me so he could hug me.

"He can't get you anymore. He can't find you here," Logan whispered. I cried and he rubbed my back.

"He raped me, Logan," I said.

"Who raped you?" Hannah asked. Even Logan looked shocked.

"He raped you?" Logan asked, looking at me. I let myself cry.

"Oh Angie," Hannah sighed, walking over and hugging me.

"I didn't know he raped you. I thought he just smacked you around," Logan whispered. Jay walked over and touched my hair that was a black knot.

"You never asked me Loggie," I cried.

"I'm sorry Angie. I failed you. I failed you so damn much," he said, tearing up. I ran to him and hugged him.

"It's not your fault Loggie Bear. You couldn't know and I wouldn't have told you," I said. His eyes suddenly turned red and Hannah and Jay backed up but I knew that he wouldn't hurt me.

"Now I know why you wanted to kill him and now I will kill him. No one touches my girl and gets away with it," he growled at me. I kissed him and he held me closer.

"Too bad this little party has to be broken up," Beta James said. I hid behind Logan and Logan growled. Beta James laughed.

"What are you doing here?" Jay growled, seeing how I reacted.

"Just looking for little Angela," Beta James said.

"Well you can't have her," Jay stated.

"You know, I am different than my pack makes me seem. You shouldn't doubt me at all on taking down an Alpha, another Beta, and the Beta's little wife," Beta James said.

"How so?" Hannah asked. Beta James lifted Jay and Logan to the ceiling.

"You are lucky however. I don't want little Angela to be killed considering she is carrying my pup," Beta James stated.

"What are you talking about? That's my pup!" Logan yelled.

"No. No. No," I whispered, shaking my head. I didn't want to believe it but deep down I knew something was wrong with the pup. Like it wasn't Logan's.

"You know it's true," Beta James said. I fell to my knees and he walked towards me. He knelt and Hannah attempted to run over and Beta James pushed her against away.

"Stay away from me," I cried. He lifted my chin and stared into my eyes.

"You will forget about your mate and love me. I will be the only love you see and you will not be scared of me but of him," he said. Something in me and in Lacey changed where we agreed with what he said.

"Okay," I said. He moved my hair and kissed my forehead.

"Go get the other two," he said, softly. I nodded and walked to the bedroom. I picked Lily and Cate up.

"Angie, no. You don't want this," Hannah said. I glanced at her but I quickly looked at Beta James.

"Will you hurt them?" I asked, holding my pups close. He cupped my face.

"No. We will live alone and the pack will never hurt us," he said. I nodded and he took my arm.

"Angie, no," Logan cried out. I looked up and hid in Beta James's side.

"Betas belong with Betas, not Alphas," Beta James said. He pushed me out the door and I waited for him

"Will we be home soon?" I asked.

"Soon darling. We will be home soon and have our family together forever," he said as we started through the woods.

***

Logan's P.O.V

I screamed and kept punching the wall. Jay was comforting Hannah but at that point was only seeing Angie walk through the door with the girls.

"Logan Fen! You need to stop beating the wall up!" Hannah said.

"It takes my pain away," I said.

"But it won't bring her back Logan! You need to relax," Hannah cried. I stared at the wall.

"She is my mate and my love and I feel like killing him," I said. Hannah hugged me.

"We will find her," she said. I started crying.

***

Angela's P.O.V

Beta James opened the door to a penthouse apartment in the largest city one town over. I held Cate and Lily close to me and looked around as Beta James watched me.

"Beta James-" I started.

"You can call me James, Beautiful," he said. I blushed.

"James... this place is beautiful. Thank you for bring us here," I said.

"No problem. I love you here and your beautiful pups," he said. He rubbed my shoulders and I kissed his hand.

"Thank you," I said as I stared out of the large window.