Equal;

As I started this as a one shot it starts out in Smackle's POV it's sort of like a prologue but not in a way. Oops.

S M A C K L E S POV

She had always wondered why it had shifted from "same" to "equally". She had also always wondered why she was more directed her jealousy towards Riley rather than Maya.

Smackle may have been a genius but she had a lot of questions that she had no answer to.

Smackle pondered and watched them from afar. The way they interacted. This was her new experiment, she hadn't had one in while. In her brain she was beginning to accumulate some sort of hypothesis.

Maya sat next to her and looked in the direction Smackle had been staring towards. "What's so interesting about Farky and sunshine?" Maya asked. Smackle snapped out of her intense stare, and took a glance towards Maya. "You aren't jealous are you? Riley's his friend and remember who broke up with who? Maya questioned suspiciously.

"Oh no way! Me and Kacy are perfectly happy together" Smackle said defending herself, "and I was observing them"

"Observing them? For what?" Maya asked. Smackle didn't answer instead she turned to Maya and asked,

"What do you know about Farkle and Riley?" Smackle asked, Maya raised her eyebrow, but answered anyways.

"Well first and foremost Farkle has always loved us both, Riley and I, equally, and-"

"Equally is not the same" Smackle said interrupting her. She hadn't thought of the difference until now. At some point during the duration of the time she had known Farkle he had switched from 'same' to 'equal' when addressing the girls. She had always thought he had switched words to sound smarter, but now times are different. Feelings are different.

"What do you mean? of course he loves us?" Maya stated defending her honor and friendship with Farkle.

"Yes of course he loves you!...equally, but not in the same way" Smackle said, leaving Maya still confused. Smackle turned to face Farkle and Riley who had been talking about they're astrology homework. Smackle watched at how close they sat and how they were somehow always touching.

"Look at 'em" Smackle said gesturing towards they're smiling faces.

"Look at what?" Maya asked still very confused. Smackle face palmed.

"Them. Look at how they look at each other. That is not platonic!" Smackle exasperated getting some turning heads, "look I am a woman of science not love, but even I can tell that they're beyond the emotions of dopamine" she whispered angrily.

Maya raised an eyebrow still confused, "dopamine is the is the chemical that love releases, correct?" Maya asked. Smackle smiled,

"Yes, good job"

"So wait do you think they're together?" Maya asked unsure of what she could be starting. Maya and Smackle looked back towards Riley and Farkle,

"Don't you?"

<><><>

After Riley left Smackle pulled him aside and showed no mercy to her abruptness, "you love Riley" she spoke straight up.

Farkle blushed and scratched his neck nervously, "what" he mumbled. "Of course I do, I love both Riley and Maya equally"

"Equally isn't always the equivalent of same. You know that" Smackle educated, "you can love two people an equal amount but you may love them not in the same way"

"Smackle you can't just tell me that I'm in love with Riley" Farkle said irritated with Smackle's words.

"Farkle don't lie to me, your in love with her aren't you?" She questioned. Farkle but his lip.

"Is it really that obvious?" Farkle asked running his hands through his hair slightly embarrassed. Smackle smiled sadly.

"No Farkle, to be honest, I just noticed because I'm a scientist, I observe" she stated, "it seems that everyone around you is used to they way you act around each and think it's normal behavior. When it truly isn't"

"Look Farkle you've always said truth is the best thing, and if you don't tell Riley, I will." Smackle blackmailed, "Farkle follow your advice, I found happiness and you need to find yours"

Farkle was stunned by Smackle's abrupt speech, "Smackle.."

"Farkle, the truth has always mattered to you, and if even you can't follow it then everything from advice to words of a drunk man isn't true." Smackle began to walk away, but turned back to look at him once more. "You have until New Years"

<><><>