Sun is a selfish star;

Hello, sorry that this is a couple of days late I've been busy all weekend with my best friends b-day, but here you go,

<><><>

Riley never realizes when she's staring. she once stared off into space so long and missed her subway stop, and ended up in Chinatown. she had learned a bit of curse words in mandarin.

She watched as Farkle talked with his mother. So kind and gentle, she had always wondered why he made her swoon, now she knew that the best way into a women's heart is through her mother apparently. Weirdo.

Someone snapped her out of her thoughts as they dragged her upstairs to the bay window. She realized that Maya would be the only sensible reason. They sat down at the window with Maya glaring at her. she stared at Maya in confused way, but the blonde just gave her glare.

"What'd I miss?" Riley asked confused, "why'd you drag me up here?"

"You literally haven't spoken to me since this morning, and plus your family is a bit concerned about you." She stated, looking at with a concerened face. Riley rubbed her eyes with light yawn. considering she had stayed up most of the night with Farkle, she was exhausted.

"Sorry I was barely awake when I came down, and I had been up all night talking to Farkle" Riley confessed. Maya gaped at her,

"Wait did he stay the night? Is that why your bed smelled like really nice cologne this morning?" Maya interrogated, making Riley feel slightly uncomfortable. She looked away and bit her lip before nodding. her bed always smelled like cologne after he stayed the night.

"So did your parents know?" She asked,

"Of course not, he leaves before they notice" Riley exasperated, if farkle was never invited over to stay the night, then her parents will never know.

"Why don't you tell them?" Maya said, riley just rolled her eyes at her.

"How would you think they'd react if they walked in on they're 16 year old daughter lying cuddled up next to a 16 year old boy, mhm?" She suggested,

"But they know Farkle" Maya said trying to reason with her.

"They also know, terrifyingly enough, what's on page 73" Riley said scrunching her nose in disgust.

"Right.. anyway why'd you drag Farkle up her so jumpily?" Maya said raising her eyebrows. Riley reached up to her necklace trying to be unnoticeable.

"I wanted to give him his present in private, it was something only me and him would get, not that important" she stated, even though this necklace might be the most important thing she's ever received besides her and Maya's friendship rings.

"Not that important?!" She exclaimed, "don't think I hadn't noticed y'alls necklaces"

Riley blushed, and twirled the necklace between her fingers "come on let's go back down stairs" she said gesturing toward the door.

"Oh so you can go flirt with Mr. Astronomer down there?" Maya teased, Riley rolled her eyes before walking out the door. As she got down stairs she already noticed people taking there spotsat the dinning table to which of course she sat directly next to Farkle leaving they're shoulders touching. He smiled at Riley as her eyes wondered the room. He had always loved that her house was so alive. It held different lives and problems.

"Food is ready" topanga said setting the last platter of food on the table. They served themselves, silence consuming the room as they ate. Mini conversations spread through out the table, but Riley just stuck to Farkle and Maya. She felt bad for mainly centering around Farkle instead of Maya, but of course Maya was in her one La la land with Josh. Her uncles jack and Eric seemed to be talking about adoption with her mother. Eric had always been good with kids she hoped Jack would be the same. Currently Farkle talked with her grandparents making her want to crave her phone for a distraction, but she listened in on they're conversation as she twiddled with her necklace.

"So Farkle how's your parents?" Her grandfather asked. She could already tell by Farkle expression that this wasn't going to end well. He pursed his lips,

"Yeah they're doing alright", he lied. Obviously Farkle parents hadn't gone back to Philadelphia in a while.

"Well that's good honey" her grandmother responded giving her husband a dirty look. Farkle had spent Christmas with Riley's family for a decade it seemed like. Even last year when her family went to Philadelphia, Farkle tagged along because Riley made him, she didn't want him to spend Christmas alone, no one should.

Farkle turned Riley with a look that said, take me away from here. Riley smiled and squeezed his hand under the table, with an expression that says, in a while. Riley let go of his hand deciding she was finished and got up as did everyone else. Maya helped her gather the plates as Farkle and Auggie washed them.

She loved how great Farkle was with kids that she couldn't express it. She smiled to herself as she stacked plates together.

"You are so in love with him" Maya whispered to Riley as she shook her head.

"I am not" she retorted as if she was offended by her statement.

"Honey look over today, and how close you were with Farkle," Maya suggested throwing away napkins and used plastic Tupperware. Riley nodded, and took Maya's idea into consideration. She had been with Farkle for most of the day, attached at the hip. She had barely even spoken to the rest of her family. Farkle made her feel better, happier; not so alone. This morning all she wanted was Farkle back like a little child, but it was better then being an outcast.

She had already decided days ago that she was in love with him, reasons then were unknown, but reasons now are crystal clear.

After they all cleaned it seemed as if Farkle and Riley found themselves up stairs at the bay window. Riley leaned on his shoulder,

"Are you okay" she asked, Farkle nodded slowly,

"Someday" he responded with a smile. "You okay?"

"Someday" Riley said the both watched out the window as the sun set down on New York City. "I think I'd rather have no sun so I can see the stars than a sun that hides them all"

"But the sun is a star, riles" he stated slightly confused.

"Exactly."

<><><>

Don't know if that ending made any sense but oh well.

Happy Halloween everyone, what are you going as for Halloween? I'm going as the girl who is handing out candy 🤗