Late;

Hey guys, this is going to be trilogy chapter.

Here is part one,

<><><>

Today was the day of the party and Riley Matthews was most totally and completely terrified. She had called Maya over around four pm to help her get ready.

"Maya I'm gonna tell Farkle tonight" she said smiling as she put on the necklace Farkle had given to her for Christmas. She looked at Maya waiting for a response.

"What's wrong peaches?" Riley asked noticing the glum look on Maya's face.

"Nothing, look tell Farkle, this may be the best opportunity you have"

"Peaches if this is about the adoption papers, it'll happen" Riley said referring to the long awaited adoption with Shawn.

"I know, it's just I've been waiting for so long, and now that they might actually go through is.." Maya trailed off. Riley nodded her head,

"It'll happen, I promise you"

"Thanks honey" Maya said as she grabbed her heels and put them on, "now lets go down stairs"

"In a sec, go down with out me" Riley stated as she walked over to her vanity. Maya nodded and walked out of Riley's room.Riley let out a long awaited breath. She couldn't help but feel anxious. She looked at herself in the mirror. She wore a Burnt Siena sweater and jeans, along with some boots. All she was missing was her Pluto choker, she put it on.

"I feel pretty, but unpretty" Riley sang to herself before sighing once more. She closed her jewelry box and walked down to the decorated living room. Some of her friends had already arrived. She guessed her parents or Maya. She searched the room looking for the one person she had been waiting to see. she sat on the couch with Maya waiting for people to arrive.

"Maya I'm nervous" Riley confessed, Maya looked at her and smiled,

"It'll be alright, hon, you astronomer will be here shortly don't worry" Maya stated as she got up to answer the door. Lucas and his boyfriend plus Zay who just looked miserable came through the door as did a couple of other people in her history class.

She greeted them all and waited at the door as Maya turned on the radio so they all could dance. The door bell rang once more making her spring out of her stance. She swung the door open excitedly only to be discounted. Smackle and Kacey stood smiling at the door. Riley had only met Kacey a couple of weeks ago but they seemed nice so Riley befriended them.

"Hello!" She exasperated trying to hide her disappointment. They walked in and smackle looked back at her and said,

"Don't be disappointed he's coming", Riley didn't know whether to be creeped out or be excited. She looked outside the doorway practically getting trampled by a tall teenager. Farkle. Riley place her hands on his upper arms to regain them both some balance.

"I'm sorry I was late" Farkle breathed out still slightly out of breath. Riley smiled at his effort to get here on time.

"It's okay farkle your not that late." Riley reasoned. Farkle smiled at her before wrapping his arms around her engulfing her in a hug.

"Happy New Year's Eve, Riles" he mumbled to her. The pulled apart and smiled before walking completely into the apartment and shutting the door behind them.

Farkle looked around the room catching eyes with the one and only Smackle.her eyes seemed to glare back at him before she tapped her watch signaling midnight.

Farkle had almost completely forgot about Smackle's threat. He should have told Riley already, save him from rejection, but something seemed to have distracted him. Oh yeah, Riley Matthews, and her beautiful brown eyes and soft hair. Her words that made him drown.

"Farkle?" A girls voice said snapping him out of his conundrum. He turned towards the girl that had been talking, which was Sarah. "Have you heard anything about what I was saying?"

He opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it deciding it be best not to say no. Sarah rolled her eyes,

"Lemme guess you were daydreaming about a  certain mrs. Dancing sunshine?" She suggested. Farkle sighed and looked away from her and to Riley.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Oh honey, every one knows, well except Riley" she stated. Well that doesn't make me feel bad at all. "Don't sweat about it. If it helps any I hadn't noticed until that sludge project in 8th grade"

"Really I'm that obvious?!" He exclaimed. Sarah patted his soldier.

"Look she likes you back you know." She smirked.

"What?!" Farkle whisper yelled. Now he was just confused. Sarah just smiled sadly and said, "Good luck, Farkle" before walking away.

Farkle just shook his head before going to go get a drink from the kitchen. He sighed and took a water bottle from the counter.

"Hey you okay?" Maya said sliding next to him.

"Yeah just anxious" he said, and he was midnight was only in 3 hours.

"Hey why don't we play a game? To you know pass time." Maya suggested before grabbing a random box. "How about this one?"

"The couples game really?" Farkle said rolling his eyes.

"If we're going to pass time might as well make it interesting." Maya said slumping her shoulders. "Hey Riley!"

<><><>

Sorry I haven't updated in a while on either of my Riarkle books, I promise to keep on track I've just been so done this month