3...2...1, I love you;

<><><>

Riley stood up quickly and dragged Farkle behind her. She grabbed both of their coats as Farkle opened the door. They both headed up the stairs to the roof, getting to the roof quicker than the others giving them a couple of minutes to spare.

"You dragged me up the stairs and I liked it" Farkle said as Riley let go of Farkle's shirt. She giggled and smiled,

"I'm sorry it felt like space was closing in on me down there" Riley admitted dropping her hand down to his wrist.

"It's okay you needed air" Farkle defended, "and it'll be okay"

"Did you really mean those things? The things I should change about myself?" She asked him,

"Yes, I wou-" he began to answer but was interrupted by people coming through the door to the roof which always made a loud noise when it shut. Riley had just lost one of her final chances to tell Farkle that she loves him, and him likewise.

Farkle looked around and saw smackle tapping her watch once more. Farkle knew he had to go talk to smackle and try to convince her to give him more time, but he already knew that there was 0% chance that would happen. Farkle knew smackle well enough to know that she wouldn't back out of anything, including something like this.

Riley left his side to go talk to Maya. Thinking maybe Maya would talk her up into finally telling Farkle, but Maya just told her things that obviously didnt help and Zay kept tapping his watch which also didn't help at all. Soon the count down began,

"10" they all counted around her "9" she started walking towards Farkle who stared at her back.

"8"

"7"

"6"

"5"

"4"

"3...2...1" then suddenly,

"Farkle loves Riley!" Smackle shouted out making Farkle inwardly cringe. Riley looked to him in awe. The cheers from the streets below them interrupted the whispers of her classmates.

"I have to go Riley" he said to her in a panicky voice before running back into the building.

She called out his name but both Zay and Maya held her back. She turned back to them and said, "I love him, guys, and I'm not going to loose him"

They let go of her and she took off. She began thinking of places he would go, Topangas seemed fit. He wouldn't go home and the park was closed. She saw him on the porch outside staring at nothing. Riley walked down the stairs towards him. She grabbed his wrist lightly making him look at her. They stared at each other. Before Farkle got the courage to finally say what he's been meaning to tell her since he met her,

"I love you, Riley" Riley gasped slightly taking a step forward leaving a little to no gap between them. Riley grabbed his face and kissed him. Farkle kissed her back placing his hands on her waist.

Riley didn't want break away but apparently humans need air. They broke apart and rested their heads against each other's. Riley smiled and reached down into her pocket, pulling out a folded card. Farkle raised an eyebrow curious as to what it was. She un folded it shakily against the cold air before reading aloud,

"What made you fall in love with your mate? I took it before we went to the roof." Riley continued on, "so im gonna answer it now. Farkle remember our first day of high school, and you guys left us?"

He nodded slowly cringing at himself for doing that to her.

"You were the one I cared most about losing, not anyone else in that moment just you, and then those random depression spells hit, you were there, I don't even remember calling you, it's like you just knew, and then you held me tell I stopped crying. And that's when I figured out that you meant way more to me than a friend." Riley said blushing, but she still wasn't finished, "Then there was one night when I was rummaging and reorganizing yours and Maya's boxes and there was your sound of the silence shirt, but for some odd reason this specific shirt caught my eye. You had left it there the first time I had a really bad depression spell, and some how some way I was in love I denied for a long time but then I see your face and it's like. I forget and then I'll accidentally let something slip... but you've always said truth is the best thing, so I love you, and the entirety that is you, Farkle Minkus."

Farkle could only stare. He had said multiple times before that her words weathered him away into dust.

"I love you" he said again like it was the only thing that he could say. " I love you, I've never been happier to tell you that"

Riley smiled at him, "I'm never going to put this card back into the deck so long as I live"

Farkle looked her up and down noticing her necklace. He smiled at her grabbing her waist and pulling her closer. Riley looked up at him. She honestly loved the way his hands felt on her skin. The way he held her. She had longed for it for a while now. She tucked the card into her pocket, and smiled at him. She grabbed his face once more and placed his lips on hers. They're lips moved together in sync. They both back up into the brick wall giving them better support.

Riley couldn't believe that his lips were pressed against hers. He loved her and she loved him.

<><><>

Sorry for not updating last week, I was studying for my Finals which (thankfully) are over.

I feel so bad about saying this, but it so nice when the school has field trips and you don't go. It's so quiet and peaceful.

This next week is the field trip week for my school, and my grade is going to The San Antonio zoo, and I don't have to go, I'm just so Happy that almost no one is gonna be in my classes.

Me being a total antisocial is awesome 👏🏽

On another note, this is basically the end. I'm still updating my One Shots. I can't really think of any reason to continue. I do plan on doing an epilogue.