Chapter 15

*4 years later

Nimali

The time I spent in Kentucky gave me nothing but lifelong experiences that I would forever hold near and dear to my heart, but my time here has unfortunately come to an end.

Today was the day, I was finally graduating.

So much had happened over these past few years. I was able to get over the shortest relationship I've ever experienced, made and lost friends, oh yeah, and I signed to Atlantic Records.

Anthony had taken me under his wing and I took off in a matter of about a year. Almost half of that year was spent getting over my stage fright. Once I got that, I hit the ground running. I now had two songs in the top 25 hit chart and they were doing pretty good numbers.

I would have dropped everything and just focused solely on my music career, but I had promised my dad that I would finish what I started, and I never break promises.

I was currently sitting in Rupp Arena waiting patiently for my name to be called. Only three people were ahead of me and I couldn't wait to walk across the stage and get what I worked so hard for. Making an album, touring, and studying for school was almost impossible, but I found a way to do it.

I was still on tour, but I had strategically scheduled my dates around today so that I could enjoy it to the fullest.

All of my family and the many friends that I made over the course of my college career were either in the stands or graduating right along with me.

Soon enough, it was my time to walk.

"Nimali Persad." My name boomed out of the speakers.

There was a roar of applause coming from the entire arena as I walked across and received my diploma from the beaming university president.

The applause emanating from the arena lasted from the time I received my diploma until I was seated back amongst the wave of blue gowns. It had been a couple of years, but the fame thing still hadn't settled it. I was still and will always be a regular person in my opinion.

The rest of the graduation ceremony went by fairly quickly and then I was finally able to meet my family.

After signing a few autographs, I frantically searched for anyone remotely close to a family member. I finally spotted my dad a good distance away and hurried over to his side.

"Hey baby." He picked me up in a hug, spinning me around as if I weighed nothing.

A few pictures were taken of the moment and I groaned internally.

He finally put me down and steadied me as I took a few seconds to stop my head from spinning.

"I'm so proud of you, baby." He said hugging me once again, this time placing multiple kisses on top of my head.

"Thanks Papa. Can we go get food please?"

I didn't mean to ruin the moment, but I had skipped breakfast and my stomach was letting me know that it disapproved of that decision.

"Of course." He paused and looked beyond me. "But, I think your friends would like to speak to you first."

I turned around and Willie and Karl were standing there with big goofy smiles on their faces. I hadn't seen Willie since he left for the draft after my freshman year. I had kept in touch with Karl the most out of everyone and even went as his "date" to the draft.

My dad walked over to where the rest of my family was and I was left to the wolves.

"Congrats, superstar." Willie sang with his arms stretched out, waiting for my embrace.