Chapter 28

Devin

I was not going to fuck this up. I absolutely refused.

My arms rested around Nimali as she leaned back into me. For once, everything felt complete. This was how it was supposed to be.

I knew at this moment that I would do any and everything in my power to protect her from the craziness that was sure to follow us.

She was famous herself, so she was well aware of a lot of things that went on behind the scenes, but she'd never dated an NBA star before. An immature, standout college player, yes, but the difference between the two lifestyles surprised even me when I was thrown into it.

"What are you thinking about?" The firework show had come to an end and Nimali gazed into my eyes attempting to read my mind.

"Us... Or more so everything surrounding us." I admitted.

"Don't you think it's a little soon to be getting worried about all of that?"

I just shrugged before nuzzling my face into her neck, inhaling her hypnotizing scent.

She had point though. We weren't an hour into our relationship and I was already having doubts about whether or not we could handle the pressures of what was to come.

After cuddling for what seemed like only minutes, Nimali released herself from my grip and stood to her feet. She then stretched out her hand for me to take.

"Come on Mr. Grouch, it's getting late." She said through a yawn.

Not thinking it was all that late, I checked my gold Rolex only to realize it was going on 2 o'clock in the morning.

I sighed and reluctantly got up. I didn't want this night to end.

We slowly made our way back to the awaiting car and slid in.

The car ride back was mostly silent as Nimali rested her head on my chest, struggling to keep her eyes open. All of the traveling she had to do in order to pull this off must have worn her out.

I ran my fingers through her soft curls until her breath evened out and she fell into a deep slumber.

. . .

"Baby, wake up." I gently shook her until her eyes fluttered open.

"Hm?"

"We're back at the hotel."

She sat up and rubbed her eyes, attempting to wake herself up. Once the SUV came to a complete stop, I helped her out. After tipping the driver, I grabbed Nimali's hand and escorted her up to her room.

It was extremely late at this point, so there weren't as many people strolling around the lobby. There were a few people stumbling in from what I would assume, a local club, but other than that group and the hotel staff, the place was pretty empty.

I held Nimali's hand as we walked through the lobby and to the elevator, pressing the up button. As we waited for one of the five elevators to make their way to the lobby, I wrapped my arms around her tired body and she relaxed instantly.

"Damn, I bored you that much?" I whispered into her hair.

She nodded and stepped out of my arms and towards an elevator that had just reached the floor.

I shook my head at her and followed behind. As soon as the doors closed, I took no time in pinning her against the wall, holding her hands above her head.

"You want some entertainment Nimali Persad?"

She was shocked by my sudden actions, but her look of shock was soon replaced by one of lust and then one of disappointment.