Chapter 25

Nimali

I sat up in my bed, rubbing my tired eyes. Devin, obviously still tired from traveling, was sprawled out a few inches away in a deep sleep.

Even though I was still a little pissed at him, I couldn't help but to notice how cute he looked sleeping with a little pout on his face. I pulled out my phone and snapped a few pictures of him before going into the kitchen where Eileen busied herself making breakfast.

"Good morning, Miss Eileen."

"Buenos dias, Nimali." She went back to the stove and flipped over the veggie omelet in the pan.

I grabbed a chilled bottle of water from the fridge and went to the living room where Chris was hanging out playing GTA.

I was starting to regret giving all of these people keys to my place.

"What's up, Turtle?"

"What are you doing here?"

"You're not glad to see me?" He said with a fake hurt expression on his face.

I shook my head in response and plopped down beside him.

"Well, I guess you're not going to surprise the YMCA kids today then huh? Because there's no way in hell you're going by yourself."

I had completely forgotten that I agreed to do that.

"Exactly. Now, go get ready."

I pulled myself from the couch and into my bathroom where I took a quick shower. I exited and threw on a simple outfit that consisted of black jeans, white shirt with a denim jacket over top.

As I stood in front of my floor mirror, attempting to brush my wild hair into submission, I heard stirring behind me and Devin sat up with a confused look on his face.

"Oh you're up. You have been in a coma for three years and I am your doctor. Is there anyone you would like for me to call?"

"Can you call my girlfriend, Nimali? Nimali Persad."

I smiled at him sincerely. "That's cute, Mr. Booker. You must have been dreaming during your comatose state. She is happily married to Kelly Oubre. You know the Washington Wizard forward?"

His mouth dropped. "That's fucked up, Mali."

I cracked up laughing. "Hey, you started it." I turned to finish my hair.

"Where are you going?" He asked finally standing and stretching out his long limbs.

"The YMCA to hang out with the little homies."

"Can I come?" I stopped what I was doing and turned to face him. The look on his face showed that he was dead serious.

"Wow. Yeah, of course. You gotta hurry up and get ready though. We leave in about an hour."

He nodded before sprinting to the bathroom to shower.

I went back to my hair, eventually giving up and pulling it into a high messy bun. Since I was dealing with kids, I decided to put little to no makeup on.

I walked back into the living room and saw that my breakfast was ready and sitting on the table for me. Upon further inspection, I noticed Eileen had made an extra plate for Devin.

How did she even know he was here?

"Thanks Eileen!" I yelled out to her as she cleaned up the kitchen.

She nodded before going back to what she was doing. About five minutes later Devin emerged from my room with navy blue joggers and a grey hoodie.

Once he stepped into the room he looked around and his eyes landed on Chris who seem a little more than star struck.