Chapter 26

Devin

I woke up to Nimali sprawled out across my chest, naked. I ran my hand up and down her back as she snuggled closer to me, if it was even possible.

God, I could get used to this.

My phone broke me out of my thoughts as it rang on the dresser. Glancing over, I saw my agent, Leon Rose's, name flash across the screen.

Without waking Nimali up, I slid from underneath her and went to answer in the living room.

"What up, Leon?"

"Hey man, I know you're having fun out in Texas, but I need you to get back to Phoenix ASAP."

I rubbed my tired eyes and plopped down onto the couch.

"How'd you know I was in Texas?" I hadn't told anyone but Tyler where I was going because it was a spur of the moment thing.

"Well, your little YMCA visit is all over social media. You're really not that hard to find. But, like I said, I need you back here no later than 7 o'clock tonight. We got some big things in the works and you're name is written all over them."

I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me. "Alright man. I'll check some flights right now."

"No worries, I already booked you a flight for 4 o'clock." He paused for a while. "Devin, do you hear that?"

I listened, but didn't hear anything. "No, what is it?"

"Those are commas falling into your bank account. Now, stop whatever you're doing and get back here so we can get the ball rolling on this."

I shook my head and ended the phone call.

In the distance, I could hear the shower turn on, which meant Nimali was up. Noticing I had a couple of hours to kill before having to head to the airport, I pulled myself up from the couch and went to the bathroom.

As soon as I opened the door, steam rushed out. I stripped out of my clothes and quietly entered the shower behind Nimali as she sang her heart out. I sat there just admiring her for a while before wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Holy shit!" She spun around and hit me multiple times. "Don't do that, Devin."

I tried to stifle my laugh, but she was too cute when she was scared.

"I'm sorry."

She turned around after rolling her eyes at me and continued washing her body.

"You don't forgive me?" I wrapped my arms around her waist again as I trailed kiss after kiss down her neck.

She moaned something incoherent as I continued my assault. Eventually, she released herself from my grip and turned to face me. My eyes instantly scanned her body as the water seemed to cascade down her body in slow motion like a Hardee's commercial.

"Did you hear me?" She said snapping me out of my trance.

"Huh?"

"Get out." She pointed to the door.

"But I have to shower. I have to go back to Arizona in a couple of hours."

Her face dropped a little.

"No, worries. I'll be back, or... you could just come with me." I offered hopefully.

She shook her head. "I got some business to take care of."

I couldn't argue with that, so I simply nodded in response. She quickly finished showering before getting out to let me have it to myself. After about 15 minutes, I was done and stepped out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around my waist.