Chapter 21

Devin

What the fuck, Ulis.

That was all I could think the entire time I was running to his condo. We lived in different wings of the same building, so after a couple elevator rides and a few flights of stairs I made it to his door where yelling and screaming could be heard on the other side.

I banged on the door, but when I got no response, I just stormed in.

His living room was torn completely to hell and, upon further inspection, a sloppy drunk Minnie was crying and banging on his bathroom door with a butcher's knife in her hand.

Now, it probably would have surprised me more had this been the first time something like this had happened between them. The last time she was chasing him around the parking garage, like Baby Dee from Friday, with a metal bat. When she couldn't catch him, she gave up and took to smashing the windows of his brand new BMW i8.

She was so focused on her task at hand, she didn't notice when I snuck up behind her and snatched the knife out of her hand and threw it across the room.

She swung around and threw a punch at me.

Had she not been so drunk, she would have gotten me, no doubt. But, seeing as that wasn't the case, I was able to dodge the blow, causing her to spin herself around and fall to the ground.

Once she hit the ground a whole new wave of emotions ran over her. She crawled over to the bathroom door and bawled her eyes out.

"Fuck you, Tyler! I hate you! You've never loved me."

"Yo, Ulis. Come out." I called out to him.

"No." He answered through the door. "She gotta go first man."

Just as I went to pick her up and take her out, his security guard, Tony, barged in and effortlessly threw her over his shoulder and carried her out while she kicked and screamed in protest.

As soon as they left, Tyler poked his head out of the bathroom and checked to see if the coast was clear before exiting.

"Thanks man." He walked into his living room and let out a deep sigh.

"Okay, first things first, why does she still have a key to your place?"

He shook his head. "She doesn't. She called me and told me that she needed to get her stuff and I agreed to let her."

"Mistake number one."

"Well, hell, I know that now." His gaze went down to the floor and his expression went from stressed to confused. "You bleeding bro?"

"What are you talking about?" I looked down and sure enough there was a puddle of blood down by my left foot. Soon after, I found that my left hand had a long, deep cut going through it.

Dammit.

I got up and walked into Tyler's bathroom and wrapped a rag around my hand before exiting his apartment.

"Don't call me with no more of your bullshit, Tyler." I yelled to him before I closed it.

"Who else ima call?" He retorted before I closed the door and went back to my place.

When I made it back I noticed Nimali lounging on the couch with a bag of twizzlers and bottle of apple juice.

"Hey, did you-" She started before she noticed my hand, "What happened to your hand?"

She got up and took my hand into her much smaller one and unwrapped the rag from around my hand.

"What the hell happened?" She questioned once the cut was fully exposed.