Chapter 18

Devin

The cruise week went by extremely fast. It felt like we had just gotten onto the boat, and it was already time to go our separate ways.

Everyone was packing up their belongings to get ready to go home as the boat made its way back to the Miami coast. I packed away the last of my things, and went to the upper deck to chill for the remainder of time we had.

After climbing the stairs, I made it to the top and joined Karl and Andrew in their debate over who the top 5 NBA legends were.

My phone began buzzing in my pocket.

I checked it only to see Alex was calling me... again. I ignored the call and stuck my phone back into the pocket of my shorts.

Alex had been blowing up my phone up with texts, calls, and had even gone as far as to email me the entire week and I ignored her the entire week because I wasn't completely ready to confront her, yet.

How exactly do you tell a girl that you are fully aware of the fact that she pinned her kid on you for almost four years -- without killing her of course.

Seeing how she was able to stoop this low and plan this thing out for so long, it was clear that she had nothing to lose over this. I, however, wasn't about to risk my career over her and her foolishness.

I had to play this thing smart. Cameras and security were definitely going to have to be involved.

"You good, bro?" Andrew asked, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good." I said leaning back in my chair.

They gave each other a look before returning their gazes back to me.

"You sure?" Karl asked.

I nodded, not wanting to get into it. I had enough going through my mind as it was.

We continued our conversation as the rest of the group filed in, with Minnie being the last of the bunch. She wasn't really around much after the night of the dispute, and the way Tyler was wilding out on the islands, I'm almost sure she no longer his problem.

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted Nimali sitting on Kelly's lap and it took everything in me not to react to the closeness of the two. She was smiling at him and playing in his hair as if they were a couple and hadn't just met each other less than a week ago.

Not that I was jealous or anything.

The boat sailed to a stop at the docks and we took no time to get our feet on solid ground.

We lingered around for a wile longer just goofing around before deciding to get something to eat at PB Station, a popular restaurant in Miami, before going home.

Minnie call herself an Uber, going straight to the airport, not wanting to be around us any longer

We piled into the awaiting SUVs and made our way over to the restaurant.

Upon entering, a few eager waiters and waitresses ran over to us and immediately got us seated in a private room off to the side.

Kelly followed Nimali around like a little puppy and pulled out her chair before taking a seat next to her. I internally rolled my eyes at the scene before me. I really didn't know why I was so affected by it. We were no longer together and we were grown and allowed to do whatever we wanted with whoever we wanted.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to Tyler who was giving me a knowing look. I just looked away and tried to shake it off.

Sometimes I hated how well he knew me.