Prologue

"Look at this. It's beautiful when it turns night. I'se always wanted to bring you'se here." I felt Spot's hand slowly slide into my hand holding my hand. Just this moment I forgot about everything. I forgot about my parents abandoning me and placing me on the steps of an orphanage when I was a baby. I even forgot about the gruesome and terrible times I had in that orphanage. I forgot about my hard and tricky escape. It felt just like yesterday when Spot found me lying unconscious on the docks of Brooklyn. He took me in. And cared for me until I was healthy again. It was not until the strike happened when we started to really know each other and to let us in ourselves. He was known to be the key to everything. And this time it just so seems he was the key to opening up my heart to a brand new world. During the strike Spot slowly started to let me into his life more as each day passes on. And it was when the strike ended we just knew we were meant for each other.

It was a carriage ride back to Brooklyn, and not to mention we rode in Teddy Roosevelt's carriage! Which was cool enough! I was watching the scenery go by as I felt someone slide their hand in mine. I looked down and when I looked up I saw Spot giving me this grin as he just watched me. I couldn't take it anymore and just the feelings and emotions clashed and exploded in me. And that was when I said it. Well, both of us said it.

"Spot"

"Aura"

"I love you!"

We were just shocked looking at each other and we didn't care that the governor was watching this. This was love in the making. "I've loved you since the day I found you in the docks. And caring for you gave me a purpose in life. That I should protect you and give you the life you deserve. I want to make you happy. I want to be the boy who would give their everything for their goil. And so Aurelia would you do me the honor of being my goil. Of being my queen."

I was stunned and speechless and tears filled my eyes and eventually splattered and dripped all over my face. I didn't know what to say. But there was only way to say yes. I gently grabbed his face and gently laid a kiss on his soft lips. I eventually felt his hand creep up on my cheek keeping it there. When we got back to Brooklyn I was crowned Queen of Brooklyn. Spot pulled another grey Newsie cap just like his from his pocket. And with me kneeling down like how a knight would. He tapped me on both sides with his cane and gave me my rightful position.

"Everytime I look into your eyes

And everytime when you start to cry

When you heart is blind

I'll be by your side

Just hold tightly onto my hand

When I start to think of you

My wounded hearts starts to beat

And when I see you time starts to freeze

I still think of the days

When I first just met you

It feels so brand new with you"

"I'se still need to finish the rest of our song. But, that all I'se got for you." Spot told me about the song he was trying to work on. He plans to have it sung when we get married. Looking out from the high tower some tears started to form in my eyes. I looked back at him and the back of my hand stroked his cheek and it stayed there as he held it in place. "That's so beautiful."

"I don't want you'se to cry. This is supposed to be a happy moment between the two of us. I also got you'se something. I saved some money while selling papes."

He pulled out a gold, heart-shaped locket with a little butterfly on top of it. He placed it into my left hand as I covered my mouth with my right. "Spot this is so beautiful. Oh my god."