Chapter 18

Aura's POV:

I woke up in a room very familiar to me. I looked around and saw it was my old room in the Brooklyn Lodging House. If this is my old room then that must mean I'm back in Brooklyn. Behind me was Spot sleeping soundly by my side. I smiled to myself and slowly got up the bed. As soon as I got up I felt Spot slowly grab my wrist. "Let this last longer. Don't go away again." He started to drag me down bringing me in closer towards him. I felt his hands creep up on my bare back. "I see you undressed me." I said. I didn't care. All I wanted to do was feel his warmth.

"Babe. I missed you so much. I never thought I would see you again." he said as he put his hand on my cheek. "I just can't believe I was gone for that long. How long was I gone?" I said. "Long enough for me to miss you. I worked so hard to try to find you. I had all my birds search for you but they all given up on me except Rosie. She was the only one that kept trying to find you. And when I found out you were still alive but with your memories missing I made it my mission to help you remember. I would've done anything to have you back at my side again." We were about to have a little moment until Sarah and Rosie bursted in.They started celebrating on my return.

"Guys. Guys. I'm naked. Might not be a good time to do this." I said. "Sorry but we were too overjoyed to think about that except the fact that you finally got your memories back." said Rosie. "Oh Rosie. I'm sorry about what I said to you before. It was all Oscar's fault I should never have believed what he told me on that night." I said. "You know what it's ok you didn't get all of your memories back." Sarah tossed me a robe telling me to cover up. As soon as I put my robe on I started to reminisce in my old memories.

Everyone in the room started laughing when I started to remember everything from the scrapbook. "Oh my goodness I remember that day. That day you got Denton to do a photoshoot of me." I looked at the picture of me and sarah sitting on the steps of Medda's theater. "I can't believe I forgot about you guys." I said. "That was the past. You have to stop worrying about it now that we're all together." said Sarah. She turned the page and started to obsess over the picture of when she did the makeover on me for the rally. "I remember that day so much. You were obsessed of making me look beautiful."

"You still are and you'll always be. I had this saved up for a special occasion but an event like this it must come out." Spot gave me a short peach colored dress and my old newsie cap when he crowned me queen of Brooklyn. "But on this day I want the whole world to see you shine your beauty." When I put the dress on with the help of Sarah and Rosie doing my makeup and hair I really felt like a queen. I started twirling and spinning around in my new dress. "Guys thank you so much for all you've done. I mean I can't have thanked you enough today." I said. "What can you say we're best friends. You've helped us in the past before and now it was time we helped you." said Rosie. I started to put away all of my stuff until I saw a picture fly out of my scrapbook.

When I looked at the picture. It felt weird because I never remembered putting a picture of a man and a woman together. "What is it?" asked Rosie. "I don't know. I'm getting this feeling that I know this couple and I don't remember putting this picture in." Even though I got all of my memories back there's still some things I need to remember like where did I come from and who are my parents. And that vision I got before of me meeting some woman I looked carefully into the picture and found out that the woman in the picture is the woman I saw in my vision. Could she be linked to my mom?

"Never mind I can worry about that later. I'm just gonna have a good time with Spot and forget about Oscar Delancey and all the troubles he caused me." I walked out of my room and to the main room of the lodging house. "You look like such a star my love." Spot kissed my hand and I gave him the newsie cap for him to put on my head. When I felt that cap slide on my head I felt like I returned home. And home is where my heart has reached comfort and happiness. And being with Spot makes me happy.