Chapter 8

This is where you learn about Aura's past

Rosie's POV:

I looked through my notes of what she said. She said that she's starting to get uncomfortable around Oscar and that whenever we introduce things to her it would spark a memory. But still even though she's regaining bits and pieces of her past that still won't save Spot's and Aura's relationship. She still thinks Oscar's the one and they're going to get married in a couple of weeks now. I'm not doing well on this mission maybe I should've given up like all of the other birds. They're right this is hopeless.

Just when I was on the verge of going to Brooklyn and telling Spot that I give up something happened. Something happened that would make me keep doing this mission. I was walking back to Brooklyn when I spotted a man in an alley telling me to come over. I clenched my fists and started to toughen up. I wasn't sure what he wanted but he seems suspicious and he was suspicious. It was quick when he grabbed me and covered up my mouth he dragged me further into the alley, dragging me in a room. It was dark when the curtains were opened and the sunlight came in. I saw two people a man and a woman and they were just looking at me.

"Who are you and why did you bring me in here?"

(This is where I get hope)

"We've heard about what happened to Aura. We heard that you're trying to help her and this is us trying to give you some more information to help you further your progress on your mission." the lady said

"Wait how do you know what happened to Aura and how do you know about my mission?" The man and the woman looked to each other and they looked to me. "This maybe hard to believe but you have to believe us. We... Are Aura's mother and father and throughout the years of her growing up we've been watching over her and when we got news that our daughter has forgotten who she is we were devastated upon hearing the news but when we heard that people like you are trying help her that just gives us hope and we want to give you hope."

I didn't say anything at first, I was too shocked to say anything, but when they told me the story that was when I started to gain hope and that those people are Aura's mom and dad.

"A long time ago we weren't in that good of shape when you talk of financial status. Our funds were low and the work we had didn't pay us that much. We had to find a way to live. To keep us and Aura alive. I was pregnant at the time and we had to resort to borrowing money. We started borrowing money from these people called the Delancey Brothers. They told us that they could help us. They could make our troubles go away but on one condition. At that time I was pregnant with Aura and they said that when my baby comes whether it be girl or boy I would have to give them my baby as repayment. Of course I accepted the deal to keep us alive but I never planned on giving away my baby... When the time came and when we had Aura it was the most happiest yet the most saddest day it was because when we got her, her face shone and brightened the room she was like our little ray of sunshine in our dark world so we named her Aurelia for light and aura she brings to us. And on the day that Aura was born... We... We gave her up. I couldn't bare to have her go with those terrible people because we heard of what they do. So I secretly travelled over to Brooklyn and dropped her off at the nearest orphanage there."

"So that's how she came to Brooklyn because you gave her up there and you gave her up because you were trying to protect her." It all makes sense her parents couldn't give Aura to the Delanceys because well it's obvious they're both unfit to take care of a child. "And ever since that day we've been looking over her. We've been watching her grow up secretly through the window. And when we heard she escaped from that terrible orphanage we started to get hope because she would find herself a better place because I knew our daughter was full of dreams."

"How did you get away with it from the Delanceys?" I asked. "I told them that I suffered a miscarriage and that I'll find another way to pay them back. But I fear that both oscar and Morris gets the fact that I was lying back then."

I took in Aura's mother's hands. "I promise you miss that we'll do whatever it takes to get Aura's memories back soon. We'll get Aura back with Spot soon too."

"Thank you. Just please she may not know us but please try to do anything you can to protect her. I know you and Spot will take good care of her."

All of this time Aura's parents were alive and they were still here in New York watching over her as she grew up. She told me once during the strike that even though she doesn't have any clue who her parents are she feels a strong connection that they're somewhere out there close to her and that she can feel their love. I tried to remember some other stuff she told me and that was when it hit me. She told me that when she was found at the steps of the orphanage she was found with hair piece. It had a blue butterfly on it and I remember she wore it to the Newsie Rally. And I know it's with Spot. Everything that belonged to Aura is all with Spot. This is the start, the start of her journey to the past, she may have gotten small flashbacks but once I show her the barrette something big's gotta happen.