Chapter 5 - Waffles And Chocolate

Forgotten

Chapter 5 - Waffles And Chocolate 

.

Aaron was a little disappointed that I slept on the floor when he entered the room, though he didn't say anything. He simply told me that food was ready and I immediately shift back, reaching for the clothes as he immediately spun around. I scowl at his back before yanking on the shoes and stand up, watching him turn around. "There's clean clothes in the closet" he says and trails of when I give him a narrowed look. "Follow me" he sighs.

Aaron leads me down the hall and stairs back towards the lunchroom. I remembered it from yesterday where he gave me that sandwich. It made me wonder if he was going to give me a sandwich again. I wouldn't mind. Before we even reach the door of the room, I hear the talking and I slow down as I notice how many were in there.

Aaron notices right away and turns to face me, "Its okay" he starts, tilting his head a little, "They're great people. I'm sure if they can treat me good they will to you too. Aren't you hungry?" Starving. I nod hesitantly. "You're gonna love this."

"Love" I murmur softly behind him as he leads me to the door. "I don't know how that feels like."

He hesitates before grabbing the handle and he pulls the door open, my ears immediately noticing how the room silenced a tad bit. There were many people here but I didn't focus on that, no. My eyes went to the two powerful auras at the head of the table before a delicious smell travelled up my nose and completely entranced me. My mouth watered and I could feel my eyes lock on the... thing on their plates. It came from that.

Aaron waved his hand in my line of sight and I jump when I notice he had taken a couple of steps ahead already. He smiles widely and tilts his head to the table, "Come on. You're sitting next to me." I follow him numbly, creating a wide circle around the two people at the front and sitting on a chair that had an empty chair on either side. Aaron sat on my left and I didn't mind that the chair on my right was purposefully left empty. Aaron leans forward and grabs the silver fork in the middle, grabbing two of the circle things and putting them on my plate. They were warm. "Waffles" he says as he grabs another two for his own plate, "Put some syrup on them. If you want you can get some bananas or strawberries."

I ignore him and lean down to take another inhale of the food. Oh my god, how did they make this? It smelled absolutely delicious. My stomach was dying to take a bite. Reaching with my fingers, grab one and bite it, feeling my eyes widen at the taste. I look at Aaron and he hands me a brown liquid. I smell it, too, and blink. It was sweet. I look at his plate and follow his actions, filling it up with syrup. He hands me a silver piece- fork- only to struggle in how to use it. It was a little sharp- I could take it with me.

And when I do manage to use it like him and take a bite out of it- I completely lost it.

I loved waffles.

I don't know how many of them I actually eat, but I just know my hunger completely vanished and I did feel a little lightheaded. My fingers felt tingly and for the first time ever, I felt completely strong and as if I could run for hours. Aaron smiled at me, "Sugar high" he laughs softly. I turn to him and drink more milk. God, I didn't want to leave anymore- I wanted to show Will and the others- I felt my my face drop and I slowly drop the fork, feeling my chest ache. It wasn't fair that I was enjoying all this and they weren't. "Cody?"

I swallow the sweetness now coating my mouth and look up at Cody while reaching for one of the few waffles left, "I want to save this one for Will and Jamie and Mia" I say carefully.

Aaron nods before tilting his head, "How about we make them some fresh ones when we bring them here? They'll have warm ones." I stare at the waffle in my hand before nodding and dropping it back on the table. He leans back before turning to Milo, who still looked scary as hell. "Are we ready?"