Chapter 1

I woke up on my old rag of a mattress. I could feel the bruises and cuts fresh on my skin from last night. The attic was very stuffy and hot it was mid July and my Birthday was coming up, I was turning 19. Not that anyone would remember it, I'm all alone. My little brother died from the flu that went through my family's house it only killed him though. Then out of grief my father killed my mother the one and only thing I loved. He was going to kill me and he should of, then I wouldn't be sleeping in an old attic, with scars, cut and bruises all over my body. My wolf has been shut down since my mother's death, she only comes out to help clam me down when I'm getting beaten.
"Hope!" Johnson yelled "Put on the nicest outfit you own!"
"Yes Alpha." I said back in a defeated tone.
"Hurry!" He yelled back in his Alpha tone.
I went to my 'closet' which was really a pole, and grabbed my only pair of jeans that aren't ripped or have blood on them from a beating. I also grabbed my only tank top but had no blood on it. It had a tiny rip but it was not noticeable. I climbed down the ladder and down the two flights of stairs, and finally made it down to the living room. Alpha Johnson was organizing all the girls by rank in the living room.
"Hope!" He yelled. Not knowing I was right there.
"Yes?" I said quietly. He jumped when he herd me.
"Go start cooking. Make something good, Alpha Daniel is coming today in search of his mate." He ordered, surprisingly not yelling at me.
"Yes Alpha" I said in a small voice. I at least thought I could be in the ranks but I guess not. I think I'm going to make a bunch of omelets for breakfast. I don't usually make them so that will be hopefully what he was asking for.

I had just finished making 50 omelets. Wow! That was a lot of work and now here comes the other hard part serving them. Alpha Daniel  was here and he didn't find his mate in our pack. I have a feeling I'm going to get another beating, Alpha Johnson was very upset and he takes everything out on me.
"Hope! I said I wanted grape juice!" Alpha Johnson yelled through the house.
"Coming" I said grabbing the glass I had all ready pored 5 minutes ago. I ran out of the kitchen and gave him the glass. "Where is Alpha Daniel ?" I asked honestly, I needed to know what he wanted.
"He'll be back in a few minutes, keep going breakfast isn't going to fix itself!" He snapped at me. I hadn't really realize that I was standing in the middle of the dinning room staring into space.
"Yes Alpha." I said quietly and went away to put food on plates. After a few minutes in the kitchen putting food on the plates I herd someone walking towards the kitchen. Then I herd the most wonderful word ever.
"Mate"
I turned around to see Alpha Daniel  marching toward me. I flinched when he put his arm tightly around my waist.
"Mate" He repeated sternly.
Then Alpha Johnson walked in. He stopped as soon as he saw Alpha Daniel  with his hand tightly wrapped around my waist.
"It-its not want it seems." I said hoping he would hear me.
"Hope," He said in a surprisingly small voice but it was still very firm "you are done. You can go to your room, now." He finished.
"Ye-" I started but got interrupted.
"No!" Alpha Daniel  said in his Alpha tone. "She is staying with me!" He finished.
"May we talk about this first?" Alpha Johnson asked innocently.
Alpha Daniel hesitated for a minute then spoke "Yes," He said to Alpha Johnson. The he turned to me and said "Go to your room I will be up in a minute."
I nodded, not knowing what to do and walked to my 'room'. In my head I knew that something is going to go terribly wrong.