18. Hope?

A/N: How are you guys liking this? I would love to see your thoughts.

Maya's POV

As soon as mom and I got home she headed out to work. Not long after that Lucas showed up with tacos. This time enough for the both of us. He knows the way to my heart and the way to my heart is with tacos. You could never go wrong.

"So how did it go with your siblings today?" Lucas finally asked.

"It went okay." I responded with a half smile.

"What do you mean by 'it went okay'?" Did he literally just air quote what I said, he's such a huckleberry, I can't.

"Well cowboy, the second my parents saw each other they started fighting and then I took the kids to the other side of the yard and sat with them, just talking about their home life and Lucas they don't have a great one at all, they told me that their mom and him fight all the time. I can't just walk away from them, I won't do what he did to me and I have a clear vision of the situation now. You were right, thank you for being right, I wanted you to be right and you were." I replied and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"I was only telling you what I thought would be best for you. I think it's important that you get to know your siblings. Yeah, the circumstances may not be what you want, but, Maya, you got a brother and sister out of it that clearly love you and that's all I wanted for you." He smiled and I gave him a long hug.

"Maybe if I allow myself to hope for one more thing it might actually happen." I softly said still laying my head on his chest.

"What was the first thing you hoped for?" He was running is hand up and down on my back.

"..you." I peered up at him to find him already staring at me.

"Maya you didn't need to hope for me because I'll tell you a secret, you would have gotten me irregardless." He leaned down and kissed my nose.

"Yes I did. In that moment when we had our almost kiss I never felt more scared in my life." I explained to him.

"What do you mean you were scared?" He said as put his arm around me and I held his hand.

"I was scared to let myself feel something for you, I was trying to fight it since I met you and in that moment when you almost kissed me, I let down my guard and I let me self feel something before I stopped it." He pulled me in closer to him.

"And you stopped it within good reason. It was a long journey, but I'm glad it led me to you." He kissed the side of my head and I felt my cheeks go blush.

"Gosh huckleberry, my feelings right now." I laughed.

"Where would we be without your sarcasm?" He looked at me and started laughing with me.

"Not sitting here with me I can tell you that." My sarcasm is what rounded my personality without it I wouldn't be Maya.

"Oh okay." He gets up and grabs my tacos and starts walking towards the kitchen.

"Ranger Rick where are you going with my tacos?" I ran after him and leaped on to his back.

"Maya what are you doing?" He almost lost balance at first and then started laughing with me.

"I'm being Maya. Why? What are you doing? With my tacos.?" I immediately eyeballed the bag that my tacos were currently located in.

"I was just putting them in the fridge for you later." He pointed at the fridge.

"Did I say I was full?" I said in serious tone.

"You're cute when you try to be serious over food." He chuckled as he walked back out in the living room with me on his back.

He just kinda stood there for a second so I lightly started blowing air into his ear.

"Maya stop that." I could tell he was trying to glare at me.

"Are you sure about that? I don't think you actually want me to stop, in fact I know you don't." I smirked at him.

"Why? What did I do?" He tried looking at me without laughing.

"You were going to put away my tacos, I don't know if I can come back from this." My tone of voice went serious again.

"Oh I think you will." He dropped me down and turned around and gazed into my eyes like it was the last thing he was going to look into and he gave me the most fiery and passionate kiss that I've ever had.