33. Skipping School

Maya's POV

"What do you want to do today?" I asked Lucas who was focusing on the football game on tv.

"Whatever you want to do." He replied not taking his eyes off the tv.

I took the remote off the table and shut it off.

"Hey I was watching that." He scowled at me.

"Not anymore. It's Maya time, not football time." I replied as I crawled on to his lap and straddled him.

"Everyday is Maya time, not just now." He replied with a sweet smile.

"I was thinking maybe we could go out to lunch?" I asked him.

"Yeah, that sounds fun." He said as he leaned forward and kissed me and I gave into the kiss like I normally do because I mean it's Lucas, anything he does to me is amazing.

After fooling around for awhile, we got ourselves around to go get something to eat. We would have just went to Topanga's, but that would of raised questions to why we weren't at school so we just went to this diner down the road from our houses. Once we got seated we were looking over the menus.

"Hey Lucas?" I asked him.

"Yeah short stack?" He answered.

"Thanks again for everything you do for me. You don't have to go through all this trouble really." I replied.

"Maya Papaya, did our conversation this morning not show you anything of how I feel about you." He asked me.

"No it did. I'm just saying you don't have to stress about this stuff." I replied as the waiter walked up to us ready to take our order.

"What will it be you two?" He asked us.

"Um I'll have a cheeseburger and fries with a coke." I replied.

"Yeah I'll have the same." Lucas replied to the waiter.

"Okay, we'll have it out soon." He responded and then walked away. He came back shortly with our drinks though.

"So, were you serious about wanting to marry me eventually?" I finally asked him.

"Of course I was. I wouldn't just say that to say it. You're the only girl that I've ever pictured my future with and the only one I couldn't imagine my life without. I love you Maya."

"I love you, too." I replied and I could feel the butterflies going. "My life wouldn't be the same without you in it huckleberry, you mean the world to me."

"You mean the world to me too. More then you can begin to know."

After 15 minutes into talking the waiter brought us our food and we ate it pretty fast due to the fact we just wanted to get out of here and not be confined by a bunch of strangers around us. After Lucas paid the bill we got into his truck and were trying to decide what to do next. We, decided to go back to where he found me last night because the view is just so beautiful during the day. When Lucas pulled up we got out of the car and sat of the hood of his car and I cuddled into his chest.

"This, this is what I want Maya." Lucas randomly said.

"Want what?" I asked him.

"For us to be like this forever. I love the moments like this with you. It's safe." He replied.

"I always feel safe with you huckleberry, that hasn't changed one bit." I said as I chuckled.

"I missed hearing your laugh." He said looking at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Every since the incident, you've just seemed so lost and not your normal Maya self. It's nice to hear your adorable laugh again. I was worried I wasn't making you happy anymore." He replied looking up at the sky.

"Don't think that. Don't think that for a second. There isn't a world that can exist where you don't make me happy. Waking up everyday knowing that your mine makes me the happiest girl alive. It's even better when I get to wake up in your arms." I explained to him.

"I just wanted to be sure."

"Stop overthinking jackass. There's no one better for me then you. Anyone else would just be a downgrade from you. I would be stupid to ever think I could be unhappy with you." I replied as I gave him a soft kiss.

"I love your kisses." He said softly as I pulled away.

"I love yours more, believe me. It's like instant heart failure every time you touch or kiss me. I feel like a giddy little girl again with a crush on the boy I have no chance with, except this time, the boy wants me too. Hopefully in more ways then just one." I said as I bit my lip staring at him.

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" He asked with his eyebrow rose.

"It maybe be possible my sweet huckleberry." I replied.

"Like right now?" He responded.

"No, not right now you perv. We're out in broad daylight, we're trying to divert attention, not gain it." I said as I laughed at him. "But later is a possibility."

"I may have to take my chances later with you then." He replied in a husky voice. I could tell he was getting turned on by this conversation.

"I suppose you'll have to, but I'd say your chances are pretty high once I get you alone later on." I whispered in his ear.

He picked me up and placed me on his lap so I was straddling him. I leaned down and kissed him which turned pretty hearted in the matter of seconds. I could feel his hands caress my skin under my shirt at my jean line. I moaned into his mouth a little bit as we were making out on the hood of his car.

"Lucas... we can't do this here." I said in a breathy voice.

"Then lets go. I could think of a place where you'll be all mine and nothing can interrupt us." He replied with an equal breathy voice.

We got in his car and headed back to his house. Everyday with him is like the first day we met.