Sing Me a Song, You're the Piano Man

Carrots? Has anyone seen any carrots? The plot bunny attacked and well, you all are going to reap the benefits. NEW STORY! I've been writing some pretty heavy stuff lately and well, I'm going to lighten it up a bit. It's not going to be a humorous story (though there will be some funny bits) but it will be romantic. Some drama...some light angst (there needs to be some sort of conflict or it wouldn't be worth reading, kids).

Yeah, that isn't mine.

We'll finish up Bella's birthday with the next chapter. We're also going to see Edward bond with Charlie next chapter, too.

Chapter Twenty: Sing me Song, You're the Piano Man

EPOV

"Edward, really? A blindfold?" she asked, arching a brow.

"You said you trusted me," I reiterated.

"I do, but why do you want to blindfold me?"

I huffed out a breath, glowering at her. She sighed and took the blindfold from my hands. Tying it around her eyes, she reached for me. Carefully, I put her into the passenger seat of my brand new red Chevy Camaro. I made sure that everything was secured in the trunk before jogging to the driver's side. After I started the car, I backed it out and drove toward the Edgewater Hotel in Seattle. In my conversation with Charlie, he told me that it was her favorite hotel and was truly upset that she didn't have her wedding there with Tyler. So, I checked with the manager, discovering that there was an opening this weekend. I booked it and checked in just prior to arriving at Alki Beach.

Bella blindly reached for my hand. I threaded my fingers with hers. "You okay, gorgeous girl?" I asked.

"Just a bit disconcerted with being blindfolded," she deadpanned.

"We're about ten minutes away, my love," I said, kissing her palm. "I think you'll be happy." After a short drive, I parked the car in the front circle of the hotel. Reaching over, I released Bella's blindfold. She gasped. "You like?"

"How did you get reservations?" she breathed.

"It wasn't that difficult, Bella," I said. "Your dad said that this was your favorite hotel as a kid."

"It was...it still is. I mean, the hotel is on the freaking water!" she beamed. "Thank you, baby!" Leaning over, she kissed me soundly on the lips. She bounced out of the car and acted more like my sister, squealing and jumping on her toes. I laughed as I handed over the keys to valet, leading her through the lobby. I walked us to the elevators. Bella gave me a look. "Don't we need to check in?"

"Already done, Bella," I said holding up two keycards. We rode up to the top floor of the hotel, walking to our suite that I had made reservations for the weekend. She was vibrating in anticipation. "You really love this hotel, don't you?"

"I do. I stayed here with my parents one time when we had come for a wedding. A friend of theirs, their son had his reception here and we stayed in one of the rooms. I was sold on this being the place where I wanted my wedding to be when I was twelve years old. Fast forward to when I was getting married to Tyler...they had the weekend before and the weekend after available, but Tyler refused to change the date because of whatever reason," she huffed.

"Bastard," I growled. "He knew about your love of this place and he didn't want to budge?"

"Nope," Bella spat bitterly.

"Well, I know it's not a wedding, but I do want to make this weekend special," I whispered, taking her heart-shaped face in my hands. "I love you, Bella and you're my whole world."