Chapter 4

The street lights of Ikebukuro glowed in the night, illuminating the busy city. People grouped together, trying to talk over the noise of others. Every so often you could see a piercing yellow bandana or a blue cap standing out through the crowd, marking them as dangerous and not to be touched by an ordinary person. But there were no ordinary people in Ikebukuro, only their ordinary lifestyle.

An ordinary lifestyle of day and night that could only be interrupted by those whose names were known throughout the city. The Dollars, the Headless Rider, the list was long, very suiting of such a big city.

"Don't push yourself to hard, you just got out of the hospital," Tom said as they walked out of the destroyed apartment after collecting someones debt money.

"Sorry, Tom-san," Shizuo said, puffing out some smoke from his cigarette.

The debt collector sighed,"Is it Izaya?"

The bartender growled at the sound of the other mans name. That bastard dared to help him instead of kill him. Shizuo would have preferred to die than get help from the flea and the bastard knew it all to well.

"That damn flea, I'll kill him." Shizuo growled out, his anger slowly rising.

Tom held his hands up, trying to calm Shizuo down but whenever it came to Izaya, he never knew what to say."Now, now. You two should just make up, if it wasn't for him you wouldn't be here right now."

Tom gulped, realizing his words only aggravated Shizuo more."Thats the problem, Tom-san. It pisses me off that the only reason I'm here is because of him! Makes me feel like he's controlling me, I hate that."

The debt collector didn't know to respond without making the other angrier than he already was so he stayed silent. The two walked down the street a little further until Shizuo stopped, sniffing the air.

The bartender grabbed his cigarette, breaking it in half with his fingers and then crushing it on the floor with his shoe."Tom-san," Shizuo said in a low voice,"Is it alright if I leave for awhile?"

Tom gave Shizuo a knowing look,"Its fine, I'll call Vorona to help."

"Thanks." Shizuo said, turning around and running off to find the flea.

The bastard dared to show his face in Ikebukuro after what he did to him. Shizuo wouldn't forgive him.

"I-ZA-YA!" Shizuo yelled, spotting the informant walking down the street.

Everyone in the street quickly scattered after hearing Shizuo, leaving only the flea and Shizuo. The bartender gritted his teeth, growling at Izaya who was smirking back at him.

"What are you planning," Shizuo snapped out, not bothering with formalities.

Izaya put his hands in his pockets, tilting his head to the side."What do you mean Shizu-chan? I just decided it would be nice to take a stroll around Ikebukuro~"

"You know what I mean, flea."

Izaya smiled walking towards Shizuo with confidence."Ah, that huh..." Izaya said, standing right in front of Shizuo.

Shizuo growled, keeping his guard up. The flea was planning something, and he wouldn't be fooled like last time.

"Nee, Shizu-chan. Have you ever stopped to consider why I did that? Or are you just to much of a monster to even think properly." Izaya said looking up at Shizuo and smirking, knowing the other man hadn't thought about that.

"What are you planning," the other asked again, ignoring Izaya's taunts.

The informant's smile widened and he turned his back to Shizuo, walking away from him."As I thought, I really love humans. Monsters like don't even have the right to be loved."

"What did you say?!" Shizuo yelled, running up to Izaya and throwing a punch at him which the other easily dodged.

"Now, don't make me kill you after I went through all the trouble of saving you. You should really be more thankful towards me~"

"I never asked you to save me," the bartender growled out, anger overpowering his reason.

Izaya chuckled, a wide smirk adoring his face."Nee Shizu-chan, how does it feel to be in debt to me?"

Instead of responding Shizuo lunged towards Izaya, the other quickly dodging away from his punch. The two scuffled, running down streets that seemed to magically clear for them.

They were about six blocks down from their original street when Shizuo's movements started to slow down. The bartender breathed heavily, trying to catch his breath while Izaya didn't seem to be fatigued at all.

Shizuo felt something wet on his uniform and looking down to see blood soaking his shirt. Seeing the spot he was bleeding from, Shizuo realized that his wound had reopened during the fight.

"Aw, Shinra's going to be mad when he finds out all his hard work went to waste~" Izaya said watching Shizuo struggle to stand up straight.

The informant skipped giddily up to Shizuo, watching his somewhat pained expression closely. For Izaya, this was the best thing that could've happened at the moment.

"Shall I call Shinra again Shizu-chan?" Izaya said smugly, knowing the other wouldn't like his suggestion.

Shizuo growled as if to tell him to back off and leave him alone, something Izaya just couldn't do for various reasons.

Instead of leaving him Izaya only got closer, slowly putting his hand on top of Shizuo's hand that was covering his wound. The informant pressed down harshly, making the other curl up in pain.

The bartender growled, raising a fist and swinging at Izaya. Instead of landing a hit, Shizuo only got caught up in his throw, stumbling towards the informant while grimacing in pain.

Shizuo's breathing escalated as he got closer to Izaya, unwillingly placing his head on the other mans shoulder. Izaya's smirk got wider, knowing Shizuo couldn't do anything. He placed a hand on the bartenders back, earning a feral growl from the other.

"Look at you, the monster of Ikebukuro reduced to this state right in front of me~ You sure you don't want me to call Shinra, Shizu-chan?"

The other man growled into the informants jacket, unable to move his head any higher."I'll kill you!" Shizuo mumbled harshly, making Izaya chuckle.

"I don't like others ordering me around Shizu-chan, so I'll help you out a little," Izaya whispered darkly into the bartenders ear, pulling out Shizuo's phone from his pocket.

The informant dragged Shizuo over to the side of the street, dropping him down carelessly against the wall. Then, Izaya dialed Shinra's number and left the phone on Shizuo's chest.

"Hurry up and finish the call Shizu-chan. I'll be waiting~" Izaya said, smirking down at the bartender.

Shizuo growled in response watching Izaya walking away with malice, knowing this would come back to bite him in the ass later.