Chapter 5

Izaya's office could also be considered his home. From the outside it might seem comfortable but the whole apartment was filled with a thick air. It never seemed to go away like a bad itch or a stalker, maybe it was because a stalker was residing there most of the time.

"Where is the file cabinet for human profiles?" Namie asked, standing in front of Izaya's desk with a hard face.

"Now for whatever would you need to look in there for Namie? You know everything is on this computer or in here," Izaya said pointing to his head.

Namie twitched slightly in annoyance,"Some girl talked to my Seiji today, I want to know she is."

Izaya let out a slow whistle, twirling his finger in the air,"Aw~ So its for your precious Seiji huh..." He stopped twirling his finger, pointing in the direction of a door in the back corner of the open room,"All my old files of people in Ikebukuro are in there, but let me remind you that she wont be in there if I consider her insignificant."

Namie nodded, swiftly walking into the old file room and searching through the cabinets. The room seemed to get darker as Izaya started typing on his computer, his mind whirling to life with complicated thoughts.

Namie came out of the room an hour later with a single file clutched tightly in her hand. She sat down on the couch and opened in up, looking intently at the contents inside.

"Well, did you find what you were looking for~" the informant asked, slipping around his desk and walking towards Namie.

Looking over Namie's shoulder, Izaya scanned the contents of the file. On the front there was a picture of some brown haired, brown eyed girl and under it her name, Tanaka Ayame.

"A soul switcher huh, this could spell trouble for you Namie~" Izaya said, chuckling to his assistants ear.

"You don't actually believe that do you? That she can switch peoples souls." Namie said, turning to him with a blank look. Secretly, she was hoping his information was wrong so there were no threats to her Seiji.

Izaya smirked, leaning back in satisfaction."Who knows."

The assistant shot him a look of anger before going back to look at the file."By the way, I noticed that you didn't have a file on Shizuo Heiwajima," Namie said, looking at the informant with questioning eyes.

Chuckling, Izaya leaned back on his desk and gave Namie an amused look."I don't need one," was all he said before going back to his work.

"Mm..." Namie said, already forgetting their conversation and going back to her reading.

"I can deal with that problem of yours if you would like," the informant said, pointing at the file in Namie's hands.

Namie narrowed her eyes."And why would you want to do that?"

Izaya chuckled darkly, smirking at his assistant,"Lets just say I have some business with her."