Chapter 7

Ayame was correct when she said it was a quick favor. All she asked was for Shizuo to accompany her back home so that the gang members chasing her wouldn't come back. The task itself was quite easy but the fact that her house was all the way on the other side of Ikebukuro wasn't helping Shizuo's ever growing anger.

The girl clung to Shizuo as if she would die if she let go. Her boobs squeezed against the bartenders arm in a somewhat suggestive manner, Shizuo didn't like it. He wasn't someone who was easily flattered by sweet words and seductive body, especially if that body was currently cutting off the circulation in his arm.

"And, I think its a left here," Ayame said, pointing down what obviously looked like a dead end.

"Thats a dead end," was all Shizuo said, his voice coming out with a slight growl.

Ayame let out a sickly sweet giggle."Oh I didn't see that," she pouted her lips turning towards Shizuo with sad eyes,"Sorry for making you walk with me. I'm not good with directions."

The bartender gave Ayame a short nod simply saying,"Its fine."

"But don't worry! Im sure were close to my house..." she said with a sorrowful voice, her head drooping down in some sort of twisted pain.

As if realizing Shizuo was watching her the girl quickly looked up, a smile upon her face once again. Shizuo was going to question her but decided against it, knowing that she probably wouldn't tell him anyways.

The two walked a little farther, making turns here and there but in the end they didn't get very far. Ayame seemed to forget where they were going easily, and for all Shizuo knew, they could've passed her house without even knowing it.

They made another left turn and stumbled across a man in a black fur coat with dark raven black hair. Izaya Orihara.

Shizuo picked up his scent right away, quickly putting his guard up in case the man attacked him. The informant payed no mind to Shizuo and turned his full attention towards Ayame, looking at her with malice.

There was a tiny smirk on Izaya's face, though it wasn't the usually playful one he wore. It was strained and barely kept hold on his face when he spoke."You were taking to long to get to your house so I decided to come and pick you up."

Ayame's eyes widened and she started to shake, her once pouting lips now quivering in fear."I, um..."

"I see that you tried to escape," Izaya said darkly, cutting her off her weak words.

Shizuo growled, glowering at Izaya. The other male payed him no mind, staring down at Ayame. Suddenly a wide cheshire grin came across his face and he started to laugh. His head was thrown back and he spread his arms wide in pleasure.

The choked cackles filled the street making passerby's stop and stare. Upon realizing who that source of the sound was they quickly ran away, trying to avoid any potential conflict. His laughter slowly died down and he pulled his head back down, staring straight at Shizuo.

The informants eyes were laughing as if he knew something Shizuo didn't, which was probably true."Well its fine," he said, addressing Ayame,"We can skip the formalities and get straight to the point."

Shizuo growled, making sure Ayame was close to him."What do you want, flea?"

Izaya ignored the blonde, turning towards Ayame who looked like she was about to fall over in fear."You know why I am meeting with you right, Ayame-chan?"

She started to shake more, clutching to Shizuo's sleeve like it was her life line. Her eyes got wider as her mouth formed into a delectable circle of surprise and horror. "Y-You don't mean..."

Izaya smirked, putting his hands in his coat pockets."Yes Ayame-chan. Thats the reason I wanted to see such a lovely human like you," his voice purred out.

"Back off," Shizuo growled out, putting an arm in front of the girl protectively.

Izaya frowned at the bartenders actions, sending a quick glare towards Ayame before focusing back on Shizuo. His Shizuo."Who would have thought a monster like Shizu-chan would do such a human thing!"

The informant stepped closer to Shizuo, making the other tense up with narrowed eyes."Nee Shizu-chan, did you really think you could change that easily? You will always be a monster, don't forget that." he said, lashing out at Shizuo."A lonely monster without any friends who can crush people with his bare hands. Nothing will change that."

Shizuo fisted his hands, bowing his head with clenched teeth. He growled, pissed that Izaya's words were getting to him. Seeping through the cracks of his protected mask of indifference. Shizuo knew Izaya could do this, effect him like this and get away with it. At the moment, there was not a single thing Shizuo could do as he listened to the others rambles.

"All your efforts to make yourself human are for nothing. You will never stop being a monster everyone fears. Remember that, you monster." Izaya grabbed Ayame harshly, yanking her in between the two of them."Look at her. She is quivering in fear because of you."

Shizuo's head snapped up and he stared into Ayame's pleading eyes. What she was trying to say, Shizuo did not know. All he could think of was how terrified she looked. So crazily scared that she looked like she was about to snap and scratch her heart out of her chest.

While the bartender laid deep in thought, Izaya took the girls hands and placed one on Shizuo's chest, the other on his. Ayame started to mumble, becoming completely crazed by the intense atmosphere held between the two men.

Izaya smirked, recalling the event that happened during graduation."Shizu-chan," he said loudly, gaining the others attention."Your slowly becoming human and I hate that."

Shizuo eyes shot wide open at the sudden honesty Izaya was betraying. The other man continued, his eyes becoming somewhat crazed,"Therefore to keep you from becoming human I've had to go through some extreme measures. You see, Shizu-chan, no matter how human you become you cannot deny your true nature around me."

Unaware of the blue light coming from Ayame's hands, Shizuo narrowed his eyes in suspicion. The blue light stopped coming out of the girls hands and she turned sickly pale, starting to waver back and forth.

Shizuo looked down at the girl questioningly, watching as her tear stained eyes started to close. Izaya pulled out a knife, grinning wickedly as he swiftly stabbed the girl in the gut with the blade.

Her blood sprayed everywhere, pooling around the mens feet. Ayame fell onto Shizuo's chest and the mans eyes widened in horror. Her body slowly slid down his chest, staining his bartender uniform. All Shizuo could do was watch as her body fell onto the ground in the middle of the two men.

The girls blood pooled around them, creating a circle of red. Izaya grabbed Shizuo's face with his blood stained hands, forcing the other man to look into his sparkling eyes. The informant had a giant smirk on his face as he got closer to Shizuo, his breath touching the others.

"Now we will be together forever," he said, leaning towards the bartenders shocked face,"I love you, Shizu-chan." He kissed him, crashing there lips together forcefully with a smirk.

I've caught you again. This time I won't let go.