Chapter 10

Any insults or threats Shizuo had prepared for this moment completely left his mind. Izaya was here, in front of him, seeming completely unfazed from the prior events. He even had the nerve to smirk at Shizuo, his brown eyes crinkling in pleasure.

The bartender could feel the rage boiling deep inside him but he did nothing, couldn't do anything even if he tried.

"Its nice to see you again Shizu-chan~ Shall we go into your home and talk?" Izaya asked, folding his hands behind him in a business-like manner.

Shizuo didn't respond, walking into his apartment and quickly making his way up the stairs. Izaya followed behind him, chuckling at the blondes fast pace.

"Why in such a rush Shizu-chan~?" the informant questioned sweetly, not expecting the other to answer.

The bartender growled in response, quickly unlocking the door to his apartment and yanking it open with more force than necessary. He put his food down on the kitchen counter and turned around to glare at Izaya who was casually lounging on his couch, not even bothering to close the door.

"What did you do to me?" Shizuo asked, slamming his front door closed and locking it for safety.

Izaya grinned, leaning back on the couch in bliss."Wow~ Shizu-chan's couch is so uncomfortable. How can you sit on this thing?"

"Answer my question or leave," Shizuo growled out, hand crushing the doorknob next to him.

"Thats no way to treat a guest~" the informant said, a playful frown adoring his face."Especially your soulmate~"

"My what?!"

"Well seeing how we switched souls I thought the concept of calling us soulmates would be fitting," Izaya said, tilting his head and blinking innocently at Shizuo.

The bartender clenched his hands into fists. He had a feeling that something had happened before that girl, Ayame, died. Without even confirming his suspicious he felt it, he felt that some part of Izaya was inside him.

Shizuo gritted his teeth in frustration."You bastard. Like hell I would ever be your soulmate!"

Chuckling, Izaya lifted himself off the couch and towards Shizuo."For once I would have to agree with you. The thought of us being soulmates is simply impossible."

Izaya's face got dark, his whole appearance a void of indifference."The notion of soulmates is childish, a stupid fairy tail that kids have so that they wont feel lonely. To think humans would stoop so low as to clinging onto someone else just because the world tells them its what they should do...Its repulsive."

The look of disgust left Izaya's face as soon as he gazed at Shizuo, a small smirk quickly coming back on his face."Ah~ Shizu-chan your so quiet, I feel like I could talk to you forever!"

"Well I don't, leave." Shizuo said coldly, turning his body so that Izaya could get to the door.

"Im not leaving."

The bartender growled, glaring at the smaller man."Leave."

"Not until you ask the one question I've been waiting to hear," the informant said in return, rocking on the balls of his feet.

"What are you talking about?" Shizuo asked, feeling his anger slowly rising. He couldn't control himself for much longer, not when it came to Izaya.

The raven pouted, letting a childish frown slip onto his face."Thats not the question I'm looking for, it starts with 'why'. I'm sure you can figure it out Shizu-chan~"

Shizuo clicked his tongue, hoping he could just get this over with before he destroyed his whole apartment."Why did you do that?" the bartender questioned, each word dripping with malice.

"Do what Shizu-chan?" Izaya said, a wide grin on his face.

Last bits of his pride and anger swallowed, Shizuo questioned the smaller man again."Why did you switch our souls, Izaya?"

"Not telling~" Izaya said with a quick wink and a kiss on the cheek.

Shizuo snapped. His apartment didn't matter, the probably cold food waiting on his counter didn't matter, the kind old lady that lived next door didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was Izaya and the anger overflowing inside him.

He was so dead.