Chapter 20

Shizuo was leaving today. Izaya had expected this day to come, the man couldn't stay here forever after all. The informant doubted Shizuo would even want to stay with him forever. Shizuo was like dandelion, he stayed rooted in one place but still roamed free whenever he pleased and never once thought of settling down.

Just like an dandelion, Shizuo was an unwanted weed. Whenever you didn't want him around, he would show up and whenever you needed him there he would never come. Because of this, Izaya would often walk down the street in anger. Even though he was an informant it wasn't like he would bother with such useless information like where Shizuo was.

Shizuo himself didn't know today was the day he was supposed to leave and Izaya debated not telling him. It was much easier to get work done in Ikebukuro when there wasn't a monster on the loose. In the end, Izaya decided to let him go before more of his furniture was destroyed.

There where only so many tables Izaya could go through before his wallet ran dry.

Shizuo, looking as brain dead as ever, sat on the couch with a spaced out look. Ever since confessing his 'undying love', as Izaya liked to call it, the bartender hadn't really done much. He was probably so astounded by what he said to even comprehend what was going on around him.

"Shizu-chan~" Izaya purred out sweetly, coming up to Shizuo. The bartender looked up at him with a bored looked."Its finally time for you to leave~"

"What do you mean?" Shizuo asked, sitting up in anticipation.

"I just said," Izaya sighed."You can go home now. Well first we need to get that tracker off you but after that your free to go."

Shizuo brightened and tried not to let it show but Izaya saw. He smirked and went towards the door leading to the elevator. It was finally time to clip the dandelion and use it for all its worth.

The police came and deactivated Shizuo's anklet with a wary look. They still didn't believe that Shizuo didn't bomb X Co. and it was really quite stupid of them. Shizuo was too dumb to bomb one of the richest companies in Ikebukuro, only Izaya was smart enough to do something like that and get away with it.

A truly stupid police department Ikebukuro has.

Shizuo packed up all his things and left Izaya's apartment. He didn't even bother to say goodbye to the informant, its not like he had a good time anyways. Over the days, Shizuo had made a promise to himself to forget everything that happened there.

Kissing Izaya, having sex with Izaya, confessing to Izaya all forgotten as the days went by and Shizuo drowned himself in work. The best thing was that Izaya hadn't shown up to Ikebukuro since then so Shizuo didn't have to look at his face, not that he would have minded.

Everyone around Shizuo seemed like they wanted to say something but always stopped them self. The bartender knew what they wanted to ask, it was probably something around the lines of "Where were you these last couple months?". Shizuo knew none of them had the guts to ask, well maybe Shinra would one of these days.

Shizuo sighed and blew out some smoke from his cigarette. His apartment had been fixed while he was away and the bartender had a feeling the flea had something to do with it. When he came back home for the first time it smelled, a distinct smell Shizuo would never forget.

Today was different from usual, Shizuo had that feeling once he walked into his apartment and found the window wide open. There was sound coming from Shizuo's room but the bartender didn't even bother to look, already smelling a distinct scent in the air. The bastard had the guts to come into his house uninvited.

"Oi flea!" Shizuo yelled while closing the window."Stop messing with my shit and get out here before I kill you!"

A loud crash was heard and Izaya walked out with a grin on his face."What did you do?" Shizuo growled out.

Instead of answering, Izaya swiftly walked over to Shizuo with a smirk. He leaned over and closed his eyes, kissing the bartender lightly. Shizuo growled in response, grabbing Izaya harshly and smashing there lips together before Izaya could pull up for air.

As usual, kisses between them involved lots of blood and bruises yet to come. Shizuo let go, wiping his mouth to get the blood off it."What was that? If you think I'll play fuck buddy with you, you're wrong," Shizuo spit out in a low voice, pushing away from the informant.

"What was...Shizu-chan you should know by now," Izaya said as if it was obvious. Shizuo lifted an eye in question and Izaya continued."I love you so its only natural I come and see you like this."

All thoughts instantly left Shizuo's mind and he couldn't comprehend a single thing Izaya said after that."I was planning on 'confessing' a little earlier but I didn't want to go sprouting my love for you while you were domesticated in my house. You might have thought that keeping you there had something to do with me loving you, it didn't just so you know."

Izaya continued rambling with a somewhat bored tone."I loved you a little before then. You remember right? Right after we switched souls, I went all mushy after our kiss and decided to just say it. Good thing Shizu-chan is dumb or else we would've had the problem of an early confession. That means I would have to change all of my plans."

"Plans?" Shizuo asked, coming out of his stupor.

"Plans to get you to love me of course," Izaya said as if it was an obvious thing."I never just get into things without a plan. That's only things stupid monsters like you would do."

Shizuo could feel his anger start to boil over as Izaya continued to talk, all he could see was red."Izaya..." Shizuo threatened lowly.

"Shizu-chan?" Izaya said in a fake-confused tone, smirked at the bartender.

"I'll kill you..."

"What was that Shizu-chan?" Izaya's smirked widened.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" Shizuo yelled grabbing the nearest thing and throwing it at Izaya. The informant giggled and skipped out the door with a gleeful taunt.

"GET BACK HERE."Shizuo yelled again, chasing after the man."IZAYA!!"

While the two lovers(?) left the apartment, in Shizuo's apartment laid a new vase that hadn't been there prior. It rested on Shizuo's nightstand right next to his bed. In the vase there was a single dandelion that stood tall, even in the vase. Next to the glass was a note that said:

You owe me one Shizu-chan~ ♡
-Izaya

A/N:
Thanks for reading!
Hope you enjoyed this self-indulgent fanfic about my favorite ship.
Feel free to vote and comment etc...
Thanks for all the support thus far! I shall give you all invisible hugs
*hugs*
-Katlnn Rotato