Chapter 18

Shizuo made sure to stay within the 5 mile radius around Izaya's house but he never once went back inside the informants house since he had made out with the man. Its not like he was running away, Shizuo did not run away, he just couldn't bring himself to go back to Izaya's house.

Three days later and Shizuo was standing in front of Izaya's apartment complex, finally ready to push away whatever was holding him back and meet the man. It was night and in all honesty Shizuo was hoping Izaya wouldn't be around when he came back. To his luck, when the bartender entered the apartment it was completely empty except for Namie who sat on the couch reading a book.

When Shizuo came in the secretary looked up, frowning once she saw Shizuo."Izaya's on the roof." was all she said, going back to her book.

Her tone gave him the option to refuse but she sounded somewhat desperate, like she needed him to go up there and talk to Izaya. Shizuo left the apartment, taking the elevator up to the roof.

The bartender didn't know what to expect, it was Izaya after all, the man was never easy to understand and even when you thought you did understand him you usually didn't. Shizuo had never tried to understand Izaya but recently because he was living with the man he had no choice but to look at Izaya, really look at him. Not Izaya the informant, not Izaya the man he hated, just Izaya a regular human who had problems and frustrations just like anyone else. Shizuo didn't want to see this part of him but he did and it was scary.

The fact that Izaya could scream, bleed, and cry just like anyone else scared Shizuo. If Izaya could act like everyone else then he could certainly break like everyone else. Shizuo had been so set on the idea that Izaya was different in some way, that he couldn't break as easily, that he couldn't die as easily as any other person but he could. It was hard to accept but Izaya was, in fact, a human and Shizuo would always be a-

"Ah Shizu-chan! What is my cute little monster doing up here?" Izaya said sweetly, turning from his spot on the edge of the roof."Your not very little, so I probably shouldn't call you that...My cute big monster? No, no, no that doesn't make sense..." He scrunched his eyes thinking and then brightened up with a new idea."My cute fluffy monster! Because I felt Shizu-chan's hair once and I must say it was probably one of the soft-"

"What are you doing?" Shizuo asked in a monotone voice.

Izaya looked like a deer in the headlights but then brushed it off with a nervous laugh."Ah, well..."

"Are you going to jump?" The bartender asked, pointedly looking down at how close Izaya was to the edge of the building, if he took one more step he could fall right off.

Izaya let out a genuine laugh, jumping off the edge of the roof. He held his sides and was on the verge of tears."You really thought that I, Izaya Orihara, greatest informant and a god would stoop so low as to committing suicide," Izaya said between laughs.

Shizuo brushed aside the fact that the informant just called himself a god."You looked oddly sentimental standing there, I wouldn't be that surprised if you jumped."

Izaya stopped laughing, walking up to Shizuo with a amused eyes and a slight smirk on his face."Would you be sad if I jumped? If I jumped knowing I would leave this game we play together and never be able to come back to you."

"What game?" The bartender asked, ignoring the informants question.

Izaya laughed lightly, wrapping his arms around Shizuo's neck and leaning back so that the other man had to support his weight."What game indeed," the informant purred out, smirking wider."The game has changed recently. What do you say, want to start a new game? Just you and me."

"No."

Izaya burst out laughing, taking his arms off Shizuo and skipping around him."You say that now but in the end you'll play the game with me. You will always play the game since you love to play with me."

Shizuo crossing his arms over his chest, glaring at Izaya as he skipped around and then landed in front of Shizuo again."No I don't," he growled out.

"Yes you do Shizu-chan. You love my games just as much as you love me~" Izaya purred out, getting close to Shizuo.

Shizuo scoffed, backing away from Izaya as he got closer to him. Soon the bartender was against the wall with Izaya only inches away."I don't love you."

Izaya frowned, shaking his head back and forth."Thats no good Shizu-chan you can't go denying your feelings like that. You love me and no worries, thats a good thing."

"How is that a good thing?" Shizuo asked, letting his curiosity take over whatever other feelings he was denying.

"Because that will make this new game much more interesting~" Izaya purred, pressing the button for the elevator."Im glad you're not denying that you love me anymore."

Shizuo growling, stomping into the elevator. Izaya followed behind him with a hum and a happy skip."I don't love you," Shizuo said again, trying to mold it into Izaya's mind.

"You do love me Shizu-chan," Izaya whispered in the bartenders ear."I'll show you no matter what."