Chapter 11

"You did what?!" Namie questioned wildly, face full of shock.

"I switched souls with Shizuo Heiwajima. No worries, I took care of that girl for you at the same time." Izaya said, sitting down on the couch in his apartment.

Namie walked over so she was standing in front of Izaya."Why would you do such a thing?"

The informant looked down at the Go board that laid on the table in front of him. He studied the various Chess, Othello, and Shogi pieces that littered the board. Izaya didn't touch any of them, just staring at them with an intense concentration."I dont know."

Sighing, Namie went back to looking through Izaya's books mumbling,"Of course you wont tell me, not like I care anyways." The assistant knew better then to believe Izaya's words. The man always had a plan, he would never do something without a reason.

"What are you planning? Doesn't switching soul with Shizuo mean that you will adopt some of his qualities and tendencies?"

Izaya chuckled, looking over to Namie like she had said something stupid."Just because we switched souls doesn't mean I am Shizu-chan, Nami. I am just carrying his soul, it doesn't affect me in any way. You could even say I am protecting it, though I could kill him at anytime if I wanted to."

Suddenly the informant stood up, going over and sitting down in his desk chair. He spun around in the chair, turning towards Namie with calculating eyes."And this is where a problem arises."

"Since our souls are now switched, if I kill him then I will also be killed since he holds my soul. So with this in mind I have two options," Izaya says, holding up two fingers,"I can either find a way I can kill him without killing myself. Or make it so that I don't have to kill Shizu-chan, ever."

Namie gave him a look of indifference."You forgot about one thing."

Izaya let his lips form into a confused pout."What?"

"What if he tries to kill you?"

The informant didn't hold back, letting out a mocking laugh that filled the heavy air."Shizu-chan has always tried to kill me," he said, wiping the tears from his eyes."But has he done it yet? No, despite appearances Shizu-chan has no intention of killing me, not yet at least."

The assistant gave him a confused look."I don't understand. What is the meaning of your relationship then?"

"Its alright Namie," Izaya says, tilting his head and letting out an annoying smile."You don't need to understand our relationship. Thats only something Shizu-chan and I need to know."

Namie sighed, going back to looking though the informant's books."So? What do you plan to do now?"

Izaya hummed, turning towards his computer and scrolling though the recent news articles."Who knows~"