•i'm not friends with lexi•

~•⚜️•~

~•⚜️•~

"I know you're with Klaus and Rebekah and would rather be with them than me but I also know that you're better than them and you're not out to kill me. So, please come with me." Elena Gilbert pleaded to the stunningly beautiful noirette, who was leaning at the door of the Salvatore boarding house.

Imogen Farien Avery stared at her in confusion. "What?"

"Look, all my friends are busy and I feel lonely and left out." Elena mumbled sadly but the Imogen heard her clearly and smiled softly. "And I couldn't think of anyone wanting to come with me but you."

"So where are we going?" Imogen asked.

Elena looked up in surprise before her lips curled up into a big smile. "At the town square." she answered.

Imogen stepped out of the boarding house and closed the door behind her. "What are we waiting for? Let's go!"

~•~•~

Imogen watched as groups of volunteers were preparing the town for the Night of Illuminations, some volunteers were hanging lanterns from the trees.

"I don't know why I came to you but I know I can trust you." Elena told the noirette as they walked around the town square looking for Jeremy Gilbert, Elena's little brother, and Alaric.

Imogen turned to her and smiled. "I'm glad you do, Elena."

Elena smiled back. "You're different. A good different." she admitted.

Imogen nodded and looked around. "Thank you for inviting me here."

Elena chuckled and shakes her head. "No, I should be the one thanking you for coming with me."

Imogen saw Mayor Carol Lockwood standing on the stage as she spoke to the volunteers and the citizens of Mytsic Falls.

"As a long-time member of the Historical Society, I am especially proud to be kicking off this day of festivities. Thank you, volunteers. Tonight, we turn off our town's lights and flare up our lanterns in honor of the night of illumination started by our founders 150 years ago. Here's founding family member Tobias Fell with a history lesson."

Everyone applaud as Imogen and Elena saw Jeremy and Alaric and walked over to them.

Imogen saw a ghost of a girl beside Jeremy. 'Another one?' she thought, confused.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. I went to the boarding house to invite Imogen. What did we miss?" Elena asked.

"Just a bunch of historical lies." The ghost, Anna said, making Imogen chuckle.