Or Teal (Chapter 16)~Darcy The Starbucks Lady

A/N: First random upload! Yay :3 ~Car

Also I've been coming down with a massive case of writers block so yea...

Sorry XD

P.S. I will be completing this book on chapter 20, so be prepared for that. .~.

****

V Y L A D ' S P O V

A B O U T 3 0 M I N U T E S L A T E R . . .

I hear small snores from the room. I glance at Gene, who's worriedly looking at his younger brother. A look of sincerity is on his face. Once Gene notices that Dante's asleep, he gets up and makes his way over to me. His shadows casts over me, "Can we go talk?" His smooth voice makes it into my ears. I look hesitant, "I'll buy you another coffee." Yep. I'm up. "Starbucks?" I ask. Gene glances at me as we leave the room. Gene closes the door behind us, "Starbucks." He repeats. I squeal like a common white girl but boy edition. We walk down the hospital halls until we finally reach the place that has the smell of coffee beans and fresh baked pastries steaming thru it. The sound of phone's typing and the Ring! of a cash register can be heard. Gene and I look over the line of people. "Five people..." Gene mumbles. "That's, like, nothing! Come on!" I grab Gene's wrist and pull him in line. We wait for a few minutes. As we're waiting, Gene impatiently taps his foot on the ground, "Does somebody not like lines?" I tease. "No, I don't, thank you very much." Gene scoffs playfully. I roll my eyes, then we're up next. "I'll have one pumpkin spice latte, please." I order. The barista gives me a strange look, "But you're not a girl." She states. I give her a look, "I know." I reply. "Then why are you getting a pumpkin spice latte?" She questions. "Because I can." I spit. Not literally, I don't actually spit, you know what I-- *sigh* Whatever.

Oh no, common white girl Vylad, go back to the hole you crawled out of please.

The barista groans, "Fine." She pauses, "Name?" She looks up from the cup she grabbed. I glance at her name tag, "Darcy, the name's Vylad." I inform. "V-L-A-D?" She questions. "With a y." I say. "Where?" She asks. "After the V and before the L." I look at her. Darcy the Barista quickly scribbles my name on the cup, then passes it onto someone else who starts making the drink. I slide my credit card into the chip (A/N: when I went to Starbucks once i couldn't find the chip ;~;), then walk off to where I'm supposed to get my drink. I hear Gene's voice, but I can't make out what he orders. "Gene, you're so much nicer than little Vylad over there." I hear Darcy's voice. I whip my head in their direction and grab my cup off of the counter, squeezing it a little. "Sir, the lid is about to pop off your cup if you keep squeezing it." A little girl, about 15 years old says from behind the counter. I give her a quick glance, then look down at my cup. I loosen my grip, careful for it to not fall out of my hand. "Thank you, sweetie." I thank. She nods, then I look back over at the scene. Darcy grabs the collar of Gene's shirt, leaning over the counter a little bit, "Maybe we could go on a date sometime." Darcy says. "Sorry, but my taste of men is different than yours." Gene rips himself away from her grasp and walks over to me. "Y-You mean you're gay?" Darcy questions, rather loudly. "There's something called bisexual, dearie!" Gene exclaims. He waves her off, then swipes his drink off the counter. We walk out, "Neither of you were cute anyway!" Darcy wails. I mess with the scarf around my neck for a second, "That's the point! We're meant to be ugly so stuck up shallow girls such as yourself, don't hit on us." I reply. Gene closes the door behind us, and we exit. "That was an experience..." Gene mutters. "Tell me about it." I state. Gene chuckles at my statement, then we make our way to the lobby. "So, what did you want to talk about?" I ask as we sit down in a couple of the many chairs filling the room. "I need to talk to you about Dante..." Gene pauses. His once cheery expression grows serious, "This is about my brother now. No more talking about some barista at Starbucks. Ok?" Gene questions. I nod, "Ok."